web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have an OfficeServ 7200. I need to configure a specific DID to display when dialing 911. My office moved to a new building and can no longer use our main DID. My phone provider explained that our main DID is in the incorrect rate center which will not be able to process our new address. They have issued me an additional DID to use for 911 that has our correct address and information.

I have tried working with my local Samsung vendor. They were not able to successfully program this. The only work around they suggested was to program a "911" button on all phones that would use a virtual number when dialing outbound. This does work. However, this is not an ideal solution. When there is an emergency, people are not in the right state of mind to hit a 911 button on there phone.

Is possible to program a specific DID to display when dialing 911 on a OfficeServ 7200? According to my phone provider tech, all PBX's should have provisions for ESA (Emergency Services Access...aka 911). I have full access to the MMC. Can anyone help me out?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have to agree with your vendor, your phones are probably setup to display your OLD main DID, which would show the incorrect address. The only way with your setup is to use the virtual ext as mentioned. Do you have any copper trunks on your system. If you do, then you could use those?

OP Offline
I do have a couple extra POTS lines from AT&T that we are not using that were at one time used for alarm lines. In that case, how could I use the POTS lines?

Couldt you have a virtual extn thats renumbered to 911 that has a forward to 911 which uses the ddi then getting cli from system ??

OP Offline
@Gerrya - I would like to try your suggestion but what you have explained is over my head. Can anyone verify what Gerrya detailed works?

If you have analog C.O. ports available on the 7200 you could always connect those two former fire lines and program LCR to use those lines for 911 calls.

You would need your samsung engineer to do this for you could get bit tricky if you dont know what your doing and as noisycow says might be a better opion to do if his way

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 125 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024