Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
edog Offline OP
OP Offline
I am a Network Admin for a small company, and am also in charge of telecommunications. Since I don't usually purchase telcom cabling, I am not familiar with some of the popular vendors. The vendors that I use for data cabling do not seem to carry 100-pair feeder cables.

I am in need of about 150' of 100-pair feeder cabling, for connecting a suite in a new location to the MPOE.

Any suggestions on where I can purchase this for a decent price?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
You can get it at any supplier in your area, try Graybar, they are a little high but will have it. Also would you please fill out your profile.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 16, 2005).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
edog Offline OP
OP Offline
I do buy some things from Graybar, which is only about 5 miles from my location. They just seem to be rather expensive for someone like me who doesn't buy a lot.

[Profile completed]

[This message has been edited by edog (edited August 16, 2005).]

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Look in the phone book or even do a google and I'm sure you will find a place that has better prices, you are correct they are high, that's why I don't use them but on the other hand 100 pr isn't cheap either.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Personally, I would go with four 25 pair cables instead. Yes, it is a bit more difficult to run four cables, but 25 pair is much more readily-available through more simple suppliers, like electrical supply houses. I won't be surprised when Lowes and Home Depot start carrying it.

If you have a Rexel branch in your area, I would try them. They usually stock 25 pair and will cut it to length.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I may have what you need. I'll have to get the measurement. We do a lot of work for schools as well and constantly running 100 pr OSP between their buildings. email me so I have your info.

dan

edog----- Call Anixter 1-800-482-1328 ask for Dave Lanstra. They have everything you could possibly need. They will drop ship it right to your door.

Is Anixter still in business? I heard that they were gone. The phone number for our local branch in Washington, DC is now answered with "Hello". Number has been recycled and used for a residence, incicating that is has been out of service for quite a while.

I also heard that other East-Coast locations, specifically the Atlanta area, were also closed.

Personally, it doesn't bother me a bit. Always overpriced and snotty, despite the fact that we were spending $10K+ per month with them. They were still selling to Bell companies at the time and I guess my little purchases were too much of a hassle.

Just my opinion. I had a bad 6 year experience with them and quite frankly am surprised that they are still around.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I work with the office in Detroit and they have always taken care of me and I only send 10K every six months. I like them because when I travel anywhere in the U.S and needed some material they could get it to me right away. All I have to do is call one # talk to the same guy, no matter where I was and it would get to me. I guess you have to find the right sales guy and have a good working relationship with him. I didn't know about the closings, I will have to ask about that.

Has ayone heard of CXtec, I think they are out of Syracuse,NY. I haven't dealt with them much, but they keep calling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,399 Shoretel
189,145 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024