web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jtemm Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm sure I'll ask a lot of dumb questions as I'm learning a new Skill Set. I've come across a Comdial Impression G1632 system we have in one of our existing offices. We are in the process of moving that office to another location and expanding the size of it. We currently have about 20 phones or so attached and looking to expand to around 40 phones. I'm sure it has a very basic install and setup to it. My question is...Is it worth it to expand it (if it can be done) or better off looking at replacing the system with something newer. Company is trying to save a few bucks when we can. Is this system worth being saved and used elsewhere as well? thanks for any input.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Ten years ago I would have said go for it. If you are limited with Impression level software those sets plus the Digitech line are the only sets available to you. It's rock solid equipment but not worth expanding!

Jtemm Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm finding out as I'm going. They put a lot of "Trunk Slammer" systems into our facilities. So I've got an uphill battle. I'm trying to save a buck when I can and where it makes sense, but sounds like it may not be worth trying to expand the system, basically looking to double the number of phones currently.

Admin
Admin
IIRC the Impact is backward compatible to the Impression, so you could find a G1632 and associated hardware (or maybe just the software) and expand the system. It keeps you from having to landfill 20 phones.

Even with the CID hardware the system would be inexpensive.

Carl

Could just get a j1632 and expansion for pretty cheap especially compared to new systems which will cost you double triple etc depending on what you get, and be more reliable in the process imo.

Admin
Admin
Originally posted by dtcd21:
Could just get a j1632 and expansion for pretty cheap especially compared to new systems which will cost you double triple etc depending on what you get, and be more reliable in the process imo.
Exactly..I've got 15 of them currently ready to install. They were and still are a great solid system.

[Linked Image]
I am new here and I am working on a Comdial Impression phone system without the manual. The Hold button is flashing on 4 of the 10 phone stations and there are no messages. I would also like to know if I can get documentation details for my system.

If you go to my web site here Download this manual https://www.sstcom.com/wp-content/themes/sst/images/comdial_dsu_2_24_button_phone_user_guide.pdf it is the user guide for that system. If you need any higher level support just give me a call as I am a Comdial dealer in New York

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Thank Jim, I will take a look

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024