web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline
I believe they have a decent handle on it except for the junction boxes to accommodate that long of a pull. Does someone have a link to either some sort of an in/out feed box that sits flush to the ground or that will be freestanding? On a 1200' run I'd say we need at least three junctions not including the building entrances.

They will bury the conduit a minimum of 24" to the top of the conduit, or approx 28" deep total. Also will pour concrete in where the conduit may be driven over.

We'll put in interduct for the fiber and some copper. The missing piece is how to "split up the run."

Also I guess we should vacuum through a pull line vs having them try to install it when putting in the conduit?

Obviously we are not outside plant cable contractors. We are interested in helping the customer do it right the first time as cost effectively as possible. Thanks for any ideas.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Online Content
How about something like this so nothings above ground?

Retired phone dude
What Bill suggests is what you want to use but it probably isn't something that you will get in a hurry or cheaply. What I would do is check your local irrigation supply house. They use something similar for their valves. They don't have a bottom which is good because you don't want them filling with water. Set them on a couple of inches of gravel. If you can't get the depth, build up some courses of concrete brick and mortar on the bottom of the hole then set your box on top so the top is flush with the ground.

Arrange you conduit so you pull straight through. No splices.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Thanks guys. I am surprised this type of junction box isn't extremely common. Hard to find anything even with a google search. Maybe I'll go by a couple of sites I know that have pedestal-type enclosures and take pics first. I would think that installing a fiber interduct and say a 12-pair voice cable that I wouldn't want to pull more than 400' without breaking it up with junctions.

Bill - that source looks like it is across the pond.

KLD Offline
Check Graybar, this is an OSP question, and ask for quazite boxes....or do as Hal suggested. Hal's will be cheaper. You want a "sidewalk box" or a "hand hole" as they would be known to an electrician....I get them at a local "sparkie" store...in stock.

:thumb:

Ken
---------
Online Content
Originally posted by Noisycow:

Bill - that source looks like it is across the pond.
I knew what I wanted to show you, but didn't care where it came from. Hal's solution would be a cheaper way to go. Some of the comercial sprinkler valve boxes are fairly large. The buried access points used mostly by cable company's would be larger, depends on your needs.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
You guys are great, thanks a lot.

It looks like the Quasite box is the ticket. Not sure yet if the open/ventilated bottom (on top of 2" or so of gravel) or sealed is the way to go. The assumption is that water will get in from the 'pull' holes at the top.

Then you just drill/cut the 4" holes where you want the PVC to penetrate the box? I like the idea of something flush to the ground even if it gets covered up with grass/gravel - as long as it documented where it is.

The little kid in me really wants to drive one of those trenchers, but I better do the account a favor and leave that to someone who knows what they are doing.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

KLD Offline
$3.00? I filled up at $1.55 yesterday....Quazite is basically "soft", a hole saw cuts it easily. Just open them up and go. The top should be level with the surface. These are not traffic level units (in other words, you can't drive a vehicle on them).

Ken
---------
OP Offline
Oh, that was just something I found, a couple months old.

Since I might want to run digital phones that far and the loop limit is about 1200-1300ft (Samsung 7200) what is the best way to get the longest possible length?

Instead of CAT3 25-pair, maybe Cat6 multi-runs or ? - wait- more twists mean more distance?

If you were trying to get the longest possible distance out of a voice cable feed for digital phones, what would you use?

Paging audio definitely won't make it that far so we can tap into a phone speaker.

Online Content
I would use the largest gauged cable I could get in there. A 22 or 19 gauge cable would make that distance a mute point. Those footages are based on 24 gauge cable.

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024