Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#453534 02/06/10 06:29 AM
JTELL Offline OP
OP Offline
Have an older Fluke 4100 tried to do a calibration on it and comes up FAILED CALIBRATION. Now it wont even let me do a test, comes up saying Calibration required, was nothing wrong thought I would try it. Any answers on how I can get it to do an Auot test again with Calibrating

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#453535 02/07/10 02:56 AM
The manual says pretty much what you would expect it to:

If the message SELF CALIBRATION FAIL appears, check the following:
• Verify that the test tool and remote are securely connected with the calibration
module.
• Verify that the connected units are resting on a flat surface.
• Check the main unit, remote unit, and the calibration module for damaged
connectors.
If the self calibration continues to fail, send the main and remote units and the
cable adapters to the nearest Fluke Networks service center. See “Service Center
Repair” in Chapter 8 for details.
So, since you have nothing to lose at this point, I would try replacing the software in the main unit and the remote with the latest version. This will erase everything, hopefully clearing the error code in the process. Thing is, I don't know if it will let you, and of course if it continues to fail self-calibration then you really should do what the good folks at Fluke say and send it in for service. But you can find the update here: Fluke Updates

(All the usual disclaimers apply.)

Jim
I'll give up my 2500 set when they pry it from cold dead ear.

#453536 02/07/10 05:57 AM
I remember on an old tester (omnipro) that you had to run the calibration with a 10-foot cable and the units stretched out in a straight line on a bench/floor. If you used anything shorter it would fail, and anything longer and the results were whacky.

Not sure if this applied but food for thought.

#453537 02/07/10 10:01 AM
I just remembered something else - while I don't think these units have a "reset" button (some gear has a hidden button you can poke with a toothpick to reboot the user interface when it locks up), I believe a similiar function can be achieved by turning it off and putting it on the charger for an hour or so. Defenitely should try this first. Another trick is to take the battery out and let it sit for a day.

When it's all said and done though, it sounds like it is locking you out on purpose and no amount of cajoling it to work will change that. Even if you can force it to work, you will certainly do far better to send it in for calibration. The last time I had to send something to Fluke for repair the cost was quite reasonable, but granted that was some time ago.

Jim
Still clutching my 2500 set and refusing to let go.

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024