web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dimarc Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a about a hundred Executone phone sets of varying models, mostly the 28Ks, some refurbished 6 or more years ago, others not, all about 12 years old.

I'd like to know if anyone is seeing the same trouble with the rubber feet on their phones that we are--they sometimes dissolve.

That's right. They dissolve. The adhesive, rubber feet on the bottom of our phones, over a span of indeterminate time, spontaneously and randomly dissolve into a gray, extremely sticky, syrupy, runny liquid that gets all over everything thing they touch (the desk, your hands, papers, etc).

At first I thought that maybe the cleaning staff was using a cleaning solution that may be reacting with the rubber, but this happens to phones that are in areas that do not get cleaned at all. The only factor I can attribute to the process is age. Could this particular type of rubber degrade to liquid with age???

Someone tell me I'm not nuts, or, if you must tell me I'm nuts, use big words.

Thanks.

David Marcus
[email protected]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't think that you are nuts, but is it possible that someone has spilled either soda (especially cola) or coffee? Those feet seem to be very sensitive to even a small ammount of acidity. By the way, we repair those phones if you need it, we also have cheap refurbished. Give me a calll (800)797-0070.

I have some 28K and 17K sets that are around 12 years old - and they all have the same problem. They don't get liquidy, but they do get all sticky and leave gummy like stuff all over the desk. I used to have a problem with the set on my desk, and I know I didn't spill anything on it. Since I'm the system administrator, I just swapped the phone with a user who had a newer one. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] I couldn't come up with another solution.

J.P.

Life is such a sweet insanity, the more you learn, the less you know.
Dimarc Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, J.P. Sounds like we operate under similar philosophy: the users come first, right behind us. :-)

In my case, I guess I'll have to get down and dirty and scrub and clean the goo off myself, then replace with new adhesive rubber feet. We have formica desks, so without feet the plastic base of the phone slides all over the place.

Good to know it's not something environmental (or is that just 'mental'?)specific to our offices.

David
[email protected]

JJ Offline
You can buy replacement feet at any craft store. I know what you are talking about and have replaced them many a time in the field. Just get some Goo be Gone remover and replace feet.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,514 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024