web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Many people who work, or comment on the IPO are not technicians, trained, certified, experienced, or even knowledgable, and therefore blamed much of the issues they had on the IPO. The reality was that they were leigh people, not technicians who were implementing systems as experiments not as experirienced technicians applying the technology in a knowledgable way. Some were just salesmen, or other brand or type system people who felt because of the GUI manager interface being so simple to navigate that they could just plug it in then hunt and peck their way through it with the keyboard, and a help file, or tech support.

I have not really had any serious issues which caused any mission critical functions to fail on any of the numerous implementations I have worked on. Nothing of the nature of say the Avaya Partner ACS R7 issue that caused the system to lose its programming in the event of a power failure, which by the way was fixed already for the ACS. Multiple sales to the same customers, multiple sites sold in phases for networked systems SCN's between sites, and letters of recomendation from my first, and my last IPO implement tell the story of the IPO being just fine in the right hands.

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

GlennT Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the replies.
Initially I was looking for IP phones in that office which I would have installed on a separate voice networks like Vad60 suggested. I personally do not like a converged voice data network but that is my opinion. However after doing more research I can see that for a small office the digital phones are fine and would plug right into my existing cabling without me rewireing the pannel for ethernet phones. I only have a single pair out of the car5e punched down, I was under the gun to get it working at the time.

Thankyou for the ipooficeinfo.com site. this is a great resource for us newbies trying to understand the IP office ins and outs.

I found a number of vendoes some of which contacted me through this site and I thank you all.

My plans are to go with an IP500 unit with digital phones and go from there. Eventually this unit would be networked to my NC office.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,528 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (Touch Tone Tommy, justbill, Professor Shadow, Yoda, Toner), 127 guests, and 266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024