web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Greetings,

I need help with an Executone that is not operating correctly. Here is the background. This is an Executone 648 with Eclipse software 2.5.1., however, I only have two cabinets installed right now.

The sporadic problem is that all stations in cabinet 2 are 1) locking up, 2) If I have prime line set for a line ID, pressing the intercom key will not return dial tone. 3) Pressing the VMS key will occasionally light all the keys on the phone that presses it or will not route the user to their mailbox. I found a temporary fix by removing 818 from the key and re-assigning it back on the key. That works for a short time. Resetting the station does not work.

One other problem is the programming terminal connected to port 4 operates intermittently. The keyboard seems to lock up then, after a few minutes will function again. The terminal functions the same if plugged into port 3.

My questions are: what would cause the above problems in only cabinet #2?
What would cause the programming terminal to intermittently lock up?
Which card provides the intercom service?
Thanks

Tony

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Well,
1) stations locking up in cabinet 2 could be as few things.ACPU in thee second cabinet,Fmux card which connects the cabinets.How do you correct it with a reset?

2)You said the programming terminal locks up on both ports 3 and 4? So it sounds like the terminal itself ids it a Wyse/Executone screen? Check that the cable is seated on the cabinet OK and at the transient surge suppressor if you have one installed.
3)The intercom is probably more a function of the EVCM card which is responsible for the time slots.

Sounds like you're in for some fun to get to the bottom of this one,good luck!

JJ Offline
As PVJ, stated. It sound like a problem between the two switches.

It could be a EVCM, Fiber Mux card, Conference card, or ACPU problem.

I had this problem before, when the second cabinet did not have the software features on it. I think you hit control E;E, from the "C" screen. To send features from one cabinet to next. I could be wrong though.

Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited September 03, 2004).]

If all else fails, use a BFH.
Also you need to make sure the 2 cabinets are in sync with each other, JJ or PVJ may know the keystroke , I forgot it already, also the 2nd cabinet cpu can be prog. to reset at a different time, the clock may be off, plug the monitor or laptop in the comport on the 2nd cabinet and check it.the plug on the backplane.

Sorry JJ already gave you the info. jumped ahead to quickly

JJ Offline
Rick,
Don't you need to make the cabinets as two standalone systems? to check the time and features.

Latter,
Jeff

If all else fails, use a BFH.
Hi JJ,
I have plugged my laptop in on the 432 systems and checked the time and reset function on both cabinets individualy, to diagnose the problem before doing the copy function, always worked for me.
Rick

OP Offline
Thanks for all the help so far. The system has not acted up today but when it does I will try the posted suggestions.

PVJ, to answer your questions; 1) I tried to reset a few stations from the F-screen but that did not help. 2) The programming terminal is an Executone terminal.

Thanks again

Tony

To copy from first ACPU you must (1) first go to C screen (2)go to cabinet 2 by hiting 2 and return (you will see the cabinet change from 1 to 2) (3) hit Ctrl E E This will take several minutes. Watch the LRX/S time at the bottom of the C screen it will jump up in the 1000's when you do this. When it goes back down below 100 you are done. Follow up with a reset and this should fix the problem. Good Luck

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Toner), 132 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024