Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#461415 01/07/06 04:26 PM
OP Offline
Hello fellow resellers, any guess as to what ESI has in store other then the "Y" class? All would be speculation but here is what a little bird had mentioned. Still hearsay so dont count on it.

Soft phone
True tennant partitioning
More ACD features
VIP to work with Entourage

Wish list:
Flexible dial plan
Paging to IP remote phones
ACD phone similar to an Avaya call master 5

I just posted this to see what other resellers have been told but mostly, what is on your wish list.

Any resellers going out to Plano for the roll out event?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#461416 01/08/06 12:44 AM
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
On top of the Y Class didn't they announce a receptionist PC type console? I know they have had a lot of feedback about the tenant partitioning and hope to see some additions there. I would be surprised to see a soft phone - they had one in the past and canned it.

2 questions - What is Entourage and when is the rollout in Plano?

#461417 01/09/06 06:00 AM
yes PC console, have not heard about anything else. last i heard when they were up here is that they were not going to have a roll out like last time this one would be a smaller one and only in Dallas, which to me is a great reason to go down there and have some great BBQ. i think the roll out will be end of 1st start of 2nd. Entourage is outlook for MAC which would be nice but with Mac having such a small % of the market and a smaller % of the workplace market i don't know. now a soft phone would be cool but they sell phone. i just don't see it. i would LOVE to see a real time ACD report manager.i have not used tne tenanting so i do not know.
sorry about the long post all weekend and no pc makes a tech a little crazy :dance:

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer
#461418 01/09/06 06:51 AM
sorry, one last thing i would like to see VIP become a true UM to retrieve VM for remote workers, thats it

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
#461419 01/09/06 07:21 AM
OP Offline
Winetech, according to the documentation remote phones can use VIP remotely. I have tried with Chris at ESI NSD to get it to work but what happens is, we lose packets between the ESI system and the remote PC. Im thinking it may be firewall related.

Roll out is scheduled for Feb. 15th. If this has changed please correct me.

Winetech... good to see another local NOR*CAL dealer in this forum. So many have came and gone. Your website rocks. Ours it has not been updated in such a loooong time im embarressed to post it.

#461420 01/09/06 12:42 PM
yes i know you can with remote phone but i'm talking real UM. how many sale guys what to lug around a remote phone to a hotel? .feb 15th thats going to get me in some hot water, i know every one at ESI is not single. new poll-how many dealer's wifes are going to let them go? website:it's not bad we do it our-selfs i like the pics on yours there is alot i still need to add. we should get together some time and have lunch next time i'm in the city, some nice pasta in northbeach :toast: . oh and NORCAL!!!(damn did we just give away our ages with that) :shhh:

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
#461421 01/10/06 04:40 AM
I would like to see support for more than 12 IP phones on the X class. Whether they do it with some sort of IP remote extender or by making the port assignments flexible doesn't matter, but I think this is one area they could improve.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#461422 01/10/06 03:43 PM
Another would be the ability to do full backups over the NSP port with ESI-Access.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#461423 01/10/06 04:06 PM
OP Offline
Winetech... soft phone is what you want while traveling. Yes, also a true UM.

Lunch... yeah sure, anytime. We are at pier 17 on the Embarcadero. Cant miss us. Old America True sailing team building. I do alotta work in your area as well. Kendall Jackson and Airport Club are Avaya customers and I also put in a 256X at one of the Sanoma state offices (CIHS) last year.

BTW... yes there are alot of single women at ESI but, only about 3-4 were worth checkin out and shootin the breeze with. Last time I was there we partied with Jason Haring at his house then to some club.

Bdunne... why cant you do a full backup thru an NSP port? I havent done any myself but I dont see why you wouldnt be able to. I have backed up w/ prompts over a dial-up. Took forever but it was 100% complete.

#461424 01/11/06 06:49 AM
you are the KJ-avaya rep i have a long story about them, i was the fujitsu deal.are you the tech for them?i know,i have been down there for ip trainning i know you got the e-mail about roll-out.talk to me about airport they are pissed. call me some time707-579-8595 ext 108 then reach me

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,683 Shoretel
189,691 CTX100 install
187,879 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024