web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
The latest version for an E gen 2 is 2.5.6 and for gen 1 it is 1.5.26. You dont need your laptop to get your current version. Once in as installer just hit 9818.

Your 38400 baud should be fine on a direct connect. Have you verified the com port number of the serial port you are using? You can find this in your control panel/system/hardware/device manager

As for connecting via the NSP board... In ESI access your IP should match the IP in function 824 (NSP Private IP = local access) and (NSP Access IP = remote access)

Your MAC address will be blank if you do not have a IVC or RNC card so no worries here. This is used for remote IP phones and ESI-link.

Alot of detail here, hopefully this helps.

Let us know how its goes.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
WOW! Great tips!

O.K. So there is a possibility that my analog phone will be cured by an update. I Have an 72eII with version 2.04.09 & disk version 6.12. Al did not teach us the 9818 thing in class and I didn't catch it in the manuals.

The Function 824 suggestion was right on the money. I programmed the IP PBX IP address instead of the NSP IP Address. The NSP address was set to 0.0.0.0. I can easily connect now.

I verified all of the COM1 setting and nothing has helped. Is my cable supposed to be a nul modem cable? I'll get one and try, but my sense of urgency is diminished now that you helped get the NSP working.

I got certified over a year ago and have 4 installs under my belt. My old company went belly up and shut its doors. I found a Project Management job in residential construction.

Can anyone help a brother out with a software update? It is not a feasible solution to get a maintenance contract for my home system. I live in a rural area.

Thanks!

Glad to see you got connected! Thats what this forum is all about.

You need an RS-232 cable (null-modem) or it wont work.

If you have a static IP you can port forward to the local IP of your NSP board I can help you with the upload. Port forward UDP/TCP ports 5900 to 59002 to the local IP of the NSP.

Dial-up will take up to an hour while WAN access will take 10-15 mins.

First things first though, try to find a dealer in your area that will help out first. IF none will then give me a holler.

I will need the serial number off your cabinet to get it cleared thru ESI. Bo worries, just a standard procedure we take to make sure no ESI products end up on the grey market.

If this is too much to ask, you might want to look elsewhere. I'm just looking out for the product and toher ESI dealers.

OP Offline
Thanks for the offer.

I don't have a static IP at home. I am on satelite.

If you would prefer, I can take my system to my office and hook up to our static IP there.

I spoke to one dealer and they wanted me to get on a service contract. I offered to pay for a one time service call but they would not help. I will try to call others before I ask for your help.

The serial numbers are no problem. My system is 100% legit.

I admire your allegance to the brand and the company. I was there too. I just find myself in an odd situation now that my old company went under. I used to have all of the resources at my finger tips. It is frustrating.

Thank goodness for this forum!

Not a problem, let me know.

Do you know how to go into terminal mode and upload software?

Shoot me an email - [email protected]

Thanks,

OP Offline
O.K...Here's where I am at in the process.
A dealer assisted me in updating the software tp 2.5.6. My problem still remains.
I have been experimenting with things as time allows and haven’t been able to solve it.
To summorize my problem,
I have 1 incoming analog trunk that has the call waiting feature from the Telco.
From an ESI feature phone, when a 2nd call comes in, I hit the flash button and it switches to the 2nd call and puts the first one on hold. If I hit hold again, it toggles back to the other call. Perfect. **(I had to change the flash on the feature phone from 1.5 sec to 1 sec in order for it to work, otherwise it would just disconnect the first call)

When I try this from an analog extension, the first call gets put on hold and I receive a system dial tone on the handset. If I hit the flash two more times it reconnects me with the first call that was put on hold but the second line is never answered.
I tried cordless handsets which had an adjustable flash timer of 90ms to 700ms and could not make one setting in the range work. I tried analog desk phones and still have the same outcome. I tried adjusting the phone type from phone to fax and again to modem. All with the same result.

System software updated O.K. Everything else works without problems.

I know 99.9% of you would not need to have telco call waiting as part of your solution, so I know it is hard to test for in the lab.

Any more ideas?

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
TRY changing the system flash timer to 1.5 seconds

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
Setting it to 1.5 is the default I think. When I set it to that the digital phones don't work either.

The ESI phones will pick up the incoming call waiting when the system falsh timer is set anywhere from .5 seconds to 1 second.

Just don't know enough about what is happening on the analog ports.

What your looking for is a CO hookswitch but on a analog telephone you can not disable the system hook flash. You are probbly going to find that you hit your flash button and dial a code to do a co hookflash on line one then press flash again to reconnect to line 1. I dont know the code and knowing IVX it dosent exist. Good luck maby this will send you in the right direction.

eOn/Vodavi/NEC/IVX/Cortelco/ITT/
Comdial/Adtran/Emrald Ice/Sprint:(

Your atitude is directly proportional to your bill.
ESI TS states "it is not supported". Remember, you now have the ability to use the digital cordless phones from ESI =)

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,385 Shoretel
189,098 CTX100 install
187,416 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024