Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#463251 09/25/07 02:18 PM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
B1ooger

you might want to review the rules on how to use the forum
3. The board is intended to assist two types of members, end users and professional telephone technicians (installers). If you are a novice or a do-it-yourself end user looking for advanced assistance with a system install, you should post your question with as much detail as possible and expect a response from a qualified installer who can take your issue off the board and answer your questions via private message, email or over the telephone. You should expect to pay a fee to compensate the installer for their time, experience and help. If the technician chooses to help you for free, that is totally up to the technician. You can also send a PM or email to any of the moderator(s) of the forum in which you need assistance if additional assistance is needed. Again, you should expect to pay for any technical assistance offered.

4. Technicians should discuss issues related to trade and business practices in the Installers forum. Posting of wholesale prices, quota information and manufacturer relationship issues are subject to being edited or removed. Posts that are not in the proper category will be moved to the proper category. As a rule, installers and interconnect business owners should post business related issues in the private installer forum.

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#463252 09/25/07 02:34 PM
B1ooger,

The posting of passwords in open forum is a legal violation pertaining to intellectual property.

Do as Skip said and read the rules of the board. We are here to help out people who come here but we follow the rules. There are many members here that if you ask them they will be glad to help but it has to be done a certain way.

Good luck

#463253 09/25/07 03:28 PM
Originally posted by B1ooger:
Tell me if I'm wrong but this is a tech support page for people to ask for, and give information with the intent to help one another. Not for people to be asses and purposely withhold information that might help a fellow tech. I can only hope that one day when your in need of some password or feature code that you get the same reaction as your giving. And you people know who you are.
OK, Your wrong! Do you feel better now? I'm sorry, am I being an ass? The information desired by the original poster basically was (1) I want an installers manual and (2) I want to know the default installer password. I being one of many members here have a long list of assistance given freely to many new members without mention of a financial transaction. I have this ability that came along with the grey hair that helps me sort out those who are truly in need of help and those that feel it is owed to them because this is the internet. You are one of those! Here is how I know! First of all you are not a technician at all. You are just in a bind because you got in over your head. A real technician knows that tis better to give than to receive. You on the other hand march in and whine like a baby in your first post about how we long time members are not treating you fairly. You insult our intelligence!

I'm guessing that this is not your first post, but just the first post under the NEW name. I'm also guessing that you have chosen this thread to post your whine to because you really need the keys to the castle. Hey, I did my best to warn you about telling a customer you could program an E-Class five minutes after you heard of one for the first time.

Ya just gotta learn the hard way, huh?

#463254 09/25/07 04:20 PM
KLD Offline
John and Jules, if indeed this is a two ID registered member, remember, that offense is a breach of the Terms of Service that the registrant agrees to to be a member here. This could cause both IDs being BANNED for life.

I'll go take a look.

Ken
---------
#463255 09/25/07 04:24 PM
Just ban one of them, Keep the other one so I have something to do like a cat playing with a mouse till it dies.

#463256 09/25/07 04:37 PM
My company spent thousands of dollars and a lot of time and effort to get 4 technicians certified by ESI so that we HAVE the installer manuals, know the passwords ans are TRAINED to install a very nice line of equipment... NOW, just because you are in way over your head, I'm supposed to bail you out for FREE. Call me an ass, but I think you've come to the wrong place, you aren`t on some hack site. You`ll find a huge gathering of professionals here that are all more than willing to assist on any number of issues. Just not manuals and hacks that undermine our existance as professionals. Have a nice day.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
#463257 09/26/07 01:18 AM
I was on job site cabling for new office addition and preping for upgrade of ESI system,I do not do ESI and so was watching tech install new system on rack and cabling to MDF. The reason I'm posting was because the tech had driven from Atlanta,Georga to Phila.,Pa.to do upgrade and was contracted for 3 days work ,then he would drive back. In 22 days another tech will fly in for 2 days work then fly back.Is the ESI system so hard to setup that a Company needs to fly in people to install and program?

#463258 09/26/07 01:23 AM
Its not that hard your customer might have been a national account and it could some kind of an esi national account.

#463259 09/26/07 01:32 AM
Didn't look like more than 6-7, 25 pr. amp. cables to MDF and cross to station blocks,had smaller existing ESI so all ext. info was printed out for existing locations.I was amazed at distance of travel,and wondered why local certified tech was not sub contraced?

#463260 09/26/07 06:57 AM
An ESI system is no different than any other as far as degree of difficulty. Like any other system if you have Nortel gremlins jumping around in your brain while working on an Avaya everything is difficult. If you tell the Nortel gremlins to sit down and shut up and listen only to the Avaya gremlins it's a breeze. The ESI gremlins are no different.

As far as the guy driving from Atlanta to Philly that sounds like a waste of time and money. Ken KLD never installed an ESI until last week but had no problems. Some interconnects prefer to send someone on the road as opposed to finding a local. I think it is the old If ya want it done right mentality.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,391 Shoretel
189,115 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024