Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#463283 08/19/07 10:33 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
I know this subject has been hashed over several times but I recently learned a good way to deal with it. When you are training someone on how to press the record button on an ESI System Phone to begin the recording process invariably someone will speak up and wave the warning flags about what is legal and what is illegal. Just this last Friday I was training several staff members of a law firm and sure enough it happened. Instead of becoming a part of the controversy on what should and should not be done I waited until all the legal pros put their opinion in and after they wound down and directed their attention back where it belonged I focused their attention on the black Porsche on the parking lot which belonged to one of the attorneys participating in the controversy and said this:

"Whoever drives that Porsche knows full well what it will do, however it is the drivers responsibility to know when he or she is going through a school zone. I'm just showing you what the phone system is capable of, how you use it is your business".

Now we fast forward to today (Sunday). I like to call into my new business locations and run a few reports and maybe listen to see if calls are going where they are supposed to plus I check to see who was capable of using the features I taught them. Well I'll be darned, seemed like everyone had a few recordings already. When you clear out that legal BS technology is a beautiful thing.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#463284 08/19/07 02:46 PM
Well said (as always)

#463285 08/20/07 02:08 PM
You are absolutely right. Everyone always has something to say about the legalities involved in recording conversations and you sir have hit the nail on the head. That’s a great analogy. I will be using it when I get to the recording segment of my trainings. Hope you don’t mind.

You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,806
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,376 Shoretel
189,071 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (Yoda, nortelvoip, Toner, teleco), 95 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024