Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a user who is running VIP Professional and suddenly the other day her inbox became flooded with "voicemail" messages that had already been listened to and deleted from her extension. I checked to make sure that they weren't just saved as old messages and her mailbox was completely empty. I tried to delete them from Outlook and I kept getting a message that VIP is out of sync with the PBX. Otherwise, VIP is still working normally for her. Any suggestions on how to bring VIP back in-sync with the PBX? I have thought of attempting a power cycle during the night hours and seeing if the problem clears up the next morning but I wanted to get your opinions first. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone have any suggestions for this?? Thanks.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I don't sell VIP much - have you had ESI tech support look at it?

I'm not of any help. When it comes to VIP I defer to ESI Tech Support, however you must be a dealer to get assistance from ESI.

What version of VIP are you using ? This is only happening on 1 users ? If you have the VIP software you can try to reload the software it will give you an option to repair.I don't think a reboot of the phone system will help since it is only happening on 1 user.I have had many customers call with VIP problems one 1 user and usually rebooting there computer will help.

BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
I will try rebooting and then repairing and see if that works. The user is currently using 3.12.7 and I am running a X-Class 256X FSIII.

There is a newer version of VIP 3.14.8 , but your phone system must be running at least 10.8.X

Yep Steve your right. you must be running 10.8.X or better and make sure you have upgraded to the 3.14.8
I had this problem on my VIP Pro and that cured it. Rebooting the KSU is a good idea if you can also.

Good Luck

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
I did a repair on the installation and manually removed the voicemail references from her Inbox and then I rebooted the system, opened Outlook and pull up the VIP Extension Lists, Remote Location Lists, Recycle Bin, etc. to make sure that they were all current and I haven't heard anymore from her yet regarding the issue. How can I tell what version of sw I am running in the cabinet? I have Esi-Admin, but I don't know if that information would be available via that software or not.

If you have access to installer level programming just log in and despite the prompt verbiage enter 9818, your version of software will appear in the display.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,868 Shoretel
189,986 CTX100 install
188,105 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024