web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer with one of these installed behind a Panasonic DBS 824. When mailbox 19 tries to check their messages, they are prompted for a password, then the are told the # of new messages. A few seconds after, they get a message stating "that extension is busy" and then I'm returned to the main AA greeting. The user is unable to retrieve their messages. This is the only mailbox experiencing this.

So far I've reset the MB password back to the default and changed it as well. I'm still getting the same problem. I also cannot delete the mailbox (function 555) because there are new messages.

I've successfully been able to add a new dummy mailbox, record a greeting, leave messages, check them, delete them, and then delete the dummy mailbox.

Is there any way to fix the "extension busy" error and/or delete this mailbox altogether, re-add it, and get it to work properly. It is almost like the messages are corrupted. Any ideas? :bang:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Are you sure that what you are hearing isn't just a recording of "that extension is busy", etc. as the first message? Why not try to delete the first message by hitting 7 as soon as that is heard and see what happens. We encounter that situation all the time and it is not limited to Voiceworks.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
The most common trouble I have had with any type of voicemail is when a recording is mistaken for a bug or system error of some sort. One time a customer called to say that everytime they tried to open their mailbox their phone dialed a person that answered "hello?......hello......?????" They were afraid to press their voicemail key until I fixed it lest they annoy this person too much. Of course it turned out they were listening to a recording of an outgoing call that had been transferred to their mailbox in error!

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
OP Offline
Originally posted by EV607797:
Are you sure that what you are hearing isn't just a recording of "that extension is busy", etc. as the first message? Why not try to delete the first message by hitting 7 as soon as that is heard and see what happens. We encounter that situation all the time and it is not limited to Voiceworks.
This wasn't the case because after the "this extension is busy" message was played, the system disconnected the users instead of presenting option "press 7 to delete..etc". I somehow fixed the problem by going into the custom recorded prompts and listening to the "that extension is busy" message. Somehow after doing that I was able to listen to the user's message. Everything is working fine.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,055 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024