web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a customer who lost all their programming today. They have a t1 circut with did's. the problem I'm having is they cant take a second call at the reception desk. She has no call fwd'ing. First call comes in ok, the second call gets a busy signal ? There is three float keys on her phone. any help would be great, I'm a toshiba guy and not the best at adix's. this is a cpu16m rpc5 processor card.
Thanks, Dave.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you get the same behavior if you direct the DID to a group? If so, you need to call the telephone service provider and report that you are not receiving multiple paths on your DIDs. The phone system does not control that; the telco does.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

OP Offline
Phones that are call forwarded can receive a call on their did, then a second call to the same did will go to their mailbox, so I dont think its a multiple path issue. The reception phone has no call forwarding so the second call gets a busy signal. They only have one phone ring on incoming calls, so can I put only one phone in a group, then would a second call camp on to that group?

It sounds like in order to test the group ring, you would have to create a test group. Having multiple stations in one group lets you test a second call in to the DID. If the second phone in the group can answer while the first call is still busy on the DID, then it's not a DID issue.

Check Fixed Call Fwd [10.73.01] for the receptionist station and make sure that it's set to "NA" not "B/NA."

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

OP Offline
I think (10.73.01) is set for b/na, I set all the phones for that but didnt set a destination for the reception phone, I will go try those two things today, thank you for the info.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Take a look at 10.43 Off Hook Signalling for the receptionist and set it to active if it isn't already. There are a bunch of settings in Class 10 that do wacky things if done in certain ways. This one is quite a poser.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
I went on site today, set up a hunt group and was able to get two calls at the same time, so I dont think its a multiple path issue, class 10-43 is set for "yes" on all phones. But I need to start from scratch on incoming calls to main did. After talking to customer, she said before losing programming two phones would ring at the same time on the main did, reception phone and copyroom phone, I did not originally install this adix, got this customer from a company that went out of business. So my question is, how do I make a did ring two phones at the same time, they know what a call coverage button is and say it wasnt call coverage, the copyroom phone would ring like reception and they would just lift the handset to answer. Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave

OP Offline
Ok, cancel my last. I just talked to the girl who actually works in the copy room and she uses a call coverage key to pick up. So im back to problem one, I cant take a second call to reception phone, 10-43 is set to yes, 10-16(call forwarding) is no, 10-73-01,02 are both na, 10-78 is blank. There is direct line apperance on the dss console. when I ring the did to a hunt group I can take a second call, when I ring the did to the reception phone, second caller gets a busy.
Thanks, Dave

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
What software version is the ADIX running?

If you have unused analog trunk ports, or an analog trunk port that is programmed to ring the way you need it to ring, use that trunk access number as your DID destination instead of an extension number. Assign an access number if you have to. That will make both phones ring on incoming DID calls to that number and should allow calls to back up.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Its a cpu16m card using rpc5u software. The system only has 24 lines assigned, which would be the t1 card. The system size is set to "2" when I look at the pc programmer. So would I have to increase the system size for more lines, or just assign 8 new lines in system config, and if I do, do I need a physical analog trunk card in the system for this to work, or can I just program line ports 25-32 to be analog trunk lines and ring the did to the access code for line 25(8925). Then have line 25 ring to the reception phone ?, thanks in advance for your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,510 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024