Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by upstateny:
Seems like the numbers don't work to me. $50 per month for each phone?? So if you have 30 phones you pay $1,500 each month?? Even if that includes the T1 (does it?) that sounds like a huge amount of money each month. Seems like you would be way ahead to get your own T1, lease a system for 5 years with a $1 buyout and own it at the end. Am i missing something here???. I can remember a local computer vendor who offered hosted exchange services but nobody wanted it because it made more sense to buy your own server and pay to service it and you still came out way ahead.</font>

You are not missing anything. and no, it does not include the T1. For a basic 50 user PBX a better fit is a CPE solution (which we also will do as well by the way...). However if that 50 user customer wanted Unified Messaging, Call Recording in and outbound faxing, text to speech, presence, ACD, call queuing and monitering then mabey he would fit one of our hosted products. A better fit for hosted might be....

10 retail sites with 4 phones ea. Each site is likeley to have 4-5 co's for dialtone, faxing, credit card machines, etc. To put voice mail (let alone UM and MOH) on 10 little key systems is gonna be way more than us. Besides the customer still wouldnt have full integrated connectivity between all locations. And in our solution, we provide them with a full blown Outlook Web Access account, so their e-mail would be taken care of too.

As I said before. Hosted doesnt fit all applications but in some situations it is very cost concious...

Thanks for the feedback.

[This message has been edited by bbarnes (edited June 28, 2005).]

www.itel-ip.com

VoIP, with Features Galore
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

bbarnes, how large does the ININ scale to? Do you tie into the SS7 network and PSAP for 911/E911? When your customers call out are they sending out caller id/name and number to the called party? Are you reselling DID numbers from a CLEC?, what happens if the customer wants to switch to someone else, do you own those numbers that you got from your telco provider and if they leave your service can they port them? I wouldn't factor in any price issues with POE, I think that managed POE switches will be almost the norm from manufacturers due to so many devices running IP. and customers harldy ever complain about upgrading/replacing switches with faster/better ones.

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by annacat:
bbarnes, how large does the ININ scale to? Do you tie into the SS7 network and PSAP for 911/E911? When your customers call out are they sending out caller id/name and number to the called party? Are you reselling DID numbers from a CLEC?, what happens if the customer wants to switch to someone else, do you own those numbers that you got from your telco provider and if they leave your service can they port them? I wouldn't factor in any price issues with POE, I think that managed POE switches will be almost the norm from manufacturers due to so many devices running IP. and customers harldy ever complain about upgrading/replacing switches with faster/better ones.</font>

annacat,

The CPE ININ (Customer Interaction Center) will scale to 5000 users. That may be per server but I'm not positive.

"Do you tie into the SS7 network and PSAP for 911/E911?"

Not sure what this means as I am not an enginerr. But we provide a "True 911 Solution" (not "e911"). Meaning a customer can dialout from our phones and dial locval 911. It requires a Cisco adapter and we put it into our dialing plan from their local copper line.

Yes we do resell DID from a Gloabl LEC. I have no problem sharing who that is on the phone but a message board probably isnt the best place for me to offer that up. And yes, customers can port in and out to our service.

I like your thoughts on POE too. Thanks.

bbarnes

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

www.itel-ip.com

a CLEC (NuVox)is doing a beta site here and I'm doing the data cabling. Cost is $39.00 per phone per month for 10 phones. LD is included. No other details yet.

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the news. Please let me know the details when you get some. Thanks.

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

www.itel-ip.com

This is a great board. Not too easy to find though.

My feeling with hosted services is that they can be very compelling if QoS isn't a critical issue. Particularly if you don't have a huge IT system in place.

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PaulPM:
This is a great board. Not too easy to find though.

My feeling with hosted services is that they can be very compelling if QoS isn't a critical issue. Particularly if you don't have a huge IT system in place.

</font>

Paul,

Welcome to the board. If you read earlier in this thread you will see that our service will deliver QoS as well. As long as we deliver the circuit...

Thanks for the note.

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

www.itel-ip.com

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
BBarnes - any progress to report??

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by upstateny:
BBarnes - any progress to report??</font>

Yes, in fact much. I have been planning a new thread on an update for about a week now. When I get some time, I will post it. Hopefully sometime in the next few days. Thanks for asking.

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

www.itel-ip.com

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Please let me know. I was actually reading an article somewhere about hosted ip services, remembered this post and came back to see if there had been any follow up. I would be very curious to hear more about this whole concept - thanks.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,836 Shoretel
189,960 CTX100 install
188,059 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024