Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#472604 10/17/08 12:33 PM
arc Offline OP
OP Offline
I bought the Magic Jack and it is a piece of krap. People I call say it sounds awful, and from my end it sounds like an echo chamber.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

sorry to hear that, it works really good for me. I use it on a comcast cable connection and I find it to be well worth the money but not 100% like a pots line.

Admin
Admin
You may want to do a board search on Magic Jack..there was a pretty long thread about it and most seemed to have good luck with it.

[Linked Image]
arc Offline OP
OP Offline
I have Comcast cable too. What kind of router or firewall do you have? Is it SIP aware?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Wow, I haven't had any trouble at all with mine, even when using it at home on "es Comcastico". Even in hotel rooms using wifi, mine has done very well. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with yours. In here, more good things have been said than bad about the Magic Jack, so maybe you got a bad unit?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
arc, I, too, have little to complain about. Sometimes dialtone is delayed, the other end sometimes hears little repittious beeps, and you MUST have a DTMF phone/systemm that sends tones as long as the button is held down, in order to navigate AA/VM. But, for $40 the first year and $20/year after that, WOW. Have you talked to MagicJack, or checked the diagnostics info on their website.
By the way, I'm on TWC, and right now my speed is down UNDER 2800 KBPS, a far cry from the 'up to 7.0 KBPS', but the MJ still works fine. Even when I'm connected to some web site through AOL.
And, I'm running speed checks in preparation for calling TWC yet again about discounts for lack of even 1/2 the speed they tout. (Their own speed check site is the slowest, fancy that.) But I digress and almost hijacked the post. Apologies to you and everyone else. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
"'up to 7.0 KBPS'

Don't you mean MBPS? :toast:

ProNoblem
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I have had good luck with my MJ also.
It's not a POTS line, but for 20 bucks a year it works good enough for me when I'm on the road in a motel with no cell service.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
hotextec, right you are, 7 Mbps, not Kbps. DUH! For all you folks, threats of corporation Commission seems to get the fastest results. Well, that and the fact that I'm pretty sure my file says; "This customer is retired and home all day, most days." (And has too much time on his hands, he COULD make life tough for us! He has nothing better to do than make our lives a living hell!) Man, it's nice to be able to raise he-- steadily when I can't get what I want! smile
By the way, the comments I get from people who have the ability and experience to make a reasonable judgement, say that I sound like VOIP, or an overseas call of 10-20 years ago. Clear, but a definite difference in sound quality from local/LD dial up. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
arc Offline OP
OP Offline
What I can do to improve the sound of the Magic Jack?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,313 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Toner), 158 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024