web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a trouble on a new system install where all 4 CO lines start ringing in with phantom ringing at intermitten times during the day, I tested the lines at the customer interface yesterday on the outside of the building and on ALL their lines I picked up a local AM radio station, the station is 5 miles away following the RR tracks.

My question is does anyone know if the Lec (AT&T) has the responsibility to surpress this or is it up to me to try to use filters from Mike Sandman etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

KLD Offline
Depending on your state tariffs, who knows? They should but don't bet on it or/if they will ever come out and do it.

Did you open the lines at the SNI so that you are positive it is on the feeder and not being picked up inside the building/system?

While you are doing all this testing, did you read the line voltage? POTS or carrier? Any new lines added?

And the station being 5 miles away seems it would not cause phantom ringing. Any welders, other EMF producers in the range of the system?

Is your system and excess wiring properly grounded? Electric circuit properly installed, grounded, isolated, and protected?

Just some ideas.

:shrug:

Ken
---------
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I have had Radio and CB interference on many sites over the years, but have never had one that would make the CO lines ring in on the system.

As far as getting the provider to do anything about it, I have never had any luck making that happen.

But have used Sandman's filters with 100% success rate. Just make sure to follow his troubleshooting chart STEP by STEP and don't take anything for granted.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Belive it or not I had a similar problen some time ago; turned out to be a double punch on 1 line (small piece of wire in back) radio and phantom ring, just something to put in the old brain bucket for future trouble shooting.

OP Offline
Thanks for the quick reply guys,

The AM station is definitely coming from the CO's and I have an old Samsung DCS compact connected on a temporary basis and is working fine until hopefully I get the samsung 7100 thing worked out.

if you go over to the Samsung board and look at OS 7100 phantom ringing "you can't miss it the folders burning"

Thanks again.

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024