web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Anyone familiar enough with reading Customer Service Records that may be able to interpret this for me?

I am looking to cancel an account and have been given a list of phone numbers associated with that account by our Verizon account rep. I also requested a CSR. On that CSR I see a number that was not given me by the account rep. Specifically, on the CSR it shows up as follows:

/DES TN 226-1811, POS 1, 0618 POS 2, 1536, POS 3, 1596...POS 24, 6455

All of the numbers listed in POS 1 - POS 24 are the ones I want to cancel, but the 226-1811 number I do not want to cancel, and thought was on another bill.

Could it be that the 226-1811 number could be on another account and simply points to these telephone numbers?

Does that make sense? I'll be asking our rep for an explanation, but figured I'd run this by the folks here first.

Sometimes you carpe diem, sometimes your diem gets carped.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Steve:

I believe that the "POS" reference is just the position on the network interface jack, with 1811 being on the first position. You should be able to just tell them the list of numbers that you want disconnected and simply leave 1811 off of the list.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Thanks Ed. I hadn't thought about it as being a position 1 number. Thing is, all of the other numbers shown on the CSR have additional USOC codes associated with them. I don't see that with 226-1811 number.

As you mentioned, I will contact our rep to sort out the details.

Sometimes you carpe diem, sometimes your diem gets carped.
But 1811 is a physical number, correct? Sometimes they will assign a fictitious number to an account that is only there as a billing reference. This is especially true with PRI circuits.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
EV: I have never seen any reference here in Ca where the POS= the location on the NID. Mostly Verizon & AT&T just pick a vacant location and tag the lines. I could be wrong but I think it has to do with the POS of the line in the sequence at the CO.

Jim:

Verizon was the marriage of Bell Atlantic and GTE. In your area, you are only dealing with the GTE side, while where Steve is, he's in BA territory. Believe it or not, BA actually did keep BP information on customer records. Hard to believe, but....

My original reply was more of a guess to be honest, I find that it is easier to read a BA CSR when held up to a mirror upside-down while listening to The Beatles' "Helter Skelter" is playing in the background.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Even at that its anybodys ball game any more HUH?

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Verizon Customer Service, another oxymoron! wink :rofl:

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
As suggested, please post your question in “Other Systems” section of the forum.

PM sent.

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,805 Shoretel
188,963 CTX100 install
187,200 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, nfcphoneman), 153 guests, and 166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024