web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have two DS1 Circuits serving as a single Trunk Group (300). I have a digital set and an analog modem that will grab a noisy line from pool. The result being the end user is unable to use the device.

The LID’s for the T1 are 48-96. If I change the line appearance on my set from 300 (trunk group pool) to 48, I get a clear line. But, changing it to 49, I get a noisy line, ALWAYS. I could go through the entire list and see which are noisy. Would that help anything? Is there a QUICK way to test the line quality of individual lines within a T1? I do NOT see any alarms on the DSU and do not know where to look on the PBX side.

I have reset the PBX and that has not resolved anything.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I assume that you are using an analog port to interface the modem to the system. if so, what is the model # of the port? (ie. opxi, 8 or 12 port SL board)
just curious, have you changed the EVCM for this system?
TJ

OP Offline
The analog card is SLI.

I have not changed EVCM, because I don't know what it is.

The EVCM is a common control module located almost next to the CPU. slot should be marked VCM. It is responsible for voice switching, system tones, system timing and station control status. An EVCM is required for a T1 to work properly. it is easy to recognize, it has two external RCA type jacks on the front of the card.
1) what is the model number of this EVCM module?
2) do you know what type of cabinet you have and what the software level of the system is?
3) even though there used to be a built-in DTMF receiver on this EVCM card, do you have an external DTMF board in the system?
there would be two locations for the DTMF receiver,
a) it could be located on the 12 port SL board. you would find it piggybacked on the 12 port SL board. or
b) it would occupy a card slot within the cabinet, you can identify on the "F" screen, it would show DTMF on the last 6 ports of the module.
TJ

OP Offline
1) Still looking (not at PBX)
2) My system is a 540 with 2.0.0 software (9/9/98).
3a) Not there to look at it.
3b) In slots 5, 19 and 25 I have Rec Cards that have DTMF in ports 7-12.

Are we getting closer?

yeah, especially if you tell me that you meant to say 432 or 648, instead of 540.
(Or did Executone come out with some new configuration after i left in 97.) do you have two or three cabinets for this site?
Tj

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
TJMCAPS
540 is the number of ports that are enabled in software right now.I think default is 120 and you expand the system size not only by adding cabinets but by the software download of more ports enabled.I think this was only done in the Eclipse software it was after my time dealing with Executone as well.

END Offline
Try dial selecting all T1 ports (ICM 9048, 9049 etc)this test may show which T1 is having problems.
I would also look at the Control "C" screen from the main menu, then select "G" for T1 Stats.
This will show you if there are any alarms on the T1 spans.
I have never seen a "540" configuration on a IDS system.

The 432 system (2 cabinets) has 540 ports enabled
the default cpu has 120 ports.If single cabinet system there are 320 ports
TJ you left way back in 97? Time flies. I left in 98

OP Offline
Only two cabinets here.

The most recent alarm from the CTRL-C/G Screen was on Mon 2-13-06 @ 4:19. It is a Yellow Alarm and it is on both T1 Cards at the same time. There were other alarms, but they were from the previous month.

END talked about "dial selecting" each port. What is the quick way to do this. I'm I just listening for noise?

Is there anything else you want to 'see' in the config?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,167 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024