Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#484489 03/30/07 12:20 PM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
KLD, we were working on a GTE OMNI (OMG) at AFI. They had one OMNI on Eisenhower and 1 OMNI on Fort Leavenworth. Linked with a T1. My very 1st T1. Didn't know a thing about it, but I was the 1 that figured out that the wiring inside the cabinet on the Fort was shorted! (Almost broke my arm, patting myself on the back!) Some idiot at the factory wire-wrapped the center conductor of the RX cable right on top of the outer braid. Discovered that about 2AM. Man was that a long night! Now he's in IN and I'm in NC. Go figure. And don't ask about the cheerleader outfit, I was the only 1 that could get into it, unfortunately. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#484490 04/02/07 08:40 AM
I remember that! I also remember that Fujitsu increased the clocking frequency of the cards which resulted in a power supply failure at the main site. The architecture was innovative, too! T-1 = 24 channels. Number of users at the Ft. Leavenworth offices = 24. Number of staff at said office = 24.
I happened across an old Omni S3 that was out of service in an old high school. The thing was powered down and had been for years. Poor thing looked like an abandoned puppy but there are some things my wife won`t EVEN let me bring home!

#484491 04/02/07 02:50 PM
I recall we only had 1 guy that had been to school, and he was lost, because the factory said 'we can make it do that' to every ? AFI asked. BUT they either couldn't or wouldn't! Man was I glad to find that job in Salina. They kept looking at me like I needed to take some books home and start reading. I already had my RAM jammed with all the different stuff they sold. And I've got some OLD Mitel stashed in the garage. 10/20/100/200, 1 of each, in operating condition! I'd kinda like to find a SUPER 10, but money is an awful thing to waste!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#484492 04/03/07 03:41 AM
Remember all of those Residence Inn locations with the Mitel Sx 200 - 213 or 216 Generic/ Fast forward to 1987 and you find yours truly trying to pull his head out of his ass trying to remember how to add 877,888 toll free codes. I eventually figured it out. SX 50 is popular with the eastern indian innkeeper type around here too.
Yeah I remember poor old Terry D. sweatin it while Colonel Orondorf was reading the riot act. Yeah, at one time we were selling both sides of the TIE product line, the Thompson CSF Opus, ITT 701, 801 and their 1A2 line, Mitel, and any other derelict that someone was too cheap to replace. Those were the days.

#484493 04/03/07 12:48 PM
Maybe we need to take old home week off the board, I have a feeling that not everybody wants to hear/see more. But, speaking of Opus, ITT took it over, called it a 56/136 if I recall correctly and it was STILL the MOST user antagonistic system I ever dealt with! So, does anybody else have some stories to tell, or should we take this private and quit boring the rest of you'all. Man, I'm picking up that Southern talkin'. John C.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,564 Shoretel
189,433 CTX100 install
187,599 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (R4+Z), 169 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024