web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
First off, glad to find a MB with this caliber of information. Thanks for the MB.

I have what I hope is a simple problem with a quick and easy fix. We have a old Coral SL system (aka FlexiCom 200?) running at our facility that we are trying to configure to send the extension/caller id of the calling SDT circuit to an analog phone connected to a SLS circuit on our 16SLS card. SDT to SDT works fine and SLS to SDT also works fine. Is this a limitation of the SLS card or have I possibly missed something in the config? I have provided a list of cards in the main cabinet:
Code
CARDS LIST

shelf#/slot#  p_type     i_type    card_db#   vers/subver  status

0 / 1     2SKW/  08  NO_CARD  ---        1     33      UNAUTHORIZED
     0 / 2     4TMR/S     4TMR     1          14    35      ACTIVE
     0 / 3     4TMR/S     4TMR     0          14    35      ACTIVE
     0 / 4     16SDT      24SDT    ---        1     20      ACTIVE
     0 / 5     16SLS/H    24SLS    0          1     18      ACTIVE
     0 / 6     4DRCM      4DRM     ---        2     11      ACTIVE
(remainder are empty)

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can provide.

Regards,
Joe Avila

Joe Avila, unfortunately, your problem cannot be fixed in quick and easy way.
As I remember, your system must meet 3 conditions:

1. Version of Coral system software must be 14 or higher (14 is the latest possible version for Coral SL=Coral FlexiCom 200). You have perhaps version 10?
2. Version of SLS card must be 3.XX or higher. (you have 1.18). You have to change the appropriate EEPROM in motherboard.
3. You must have iDSP card (it is caller id generator) in expansion cabinet, because Coral SL doesn't have this generator in motherboard. I see you don't have this exp cabinet at all.

So - you can upgrade your system to use this feature (caller ID on SLT phones), but it will be expensive. I would better upgrade to Coral FlexiCom R500, if this feature is critical for you. Caller id generators are built into R500 motherboard, you only have to authorize this feature without additional equipment.

Depending on how many actual extensions you are using, you could upgrade to an IPX Office. The IPXOffice is very expandable and just as flexible as the rest of the Coral line of products.

OP Offline
Originally posted by Muter:
[b]Joe Avila, unfortunately, your problem cannot be fixed in quick and easy way.
As I remember, your system must meet 3 conditions:

1. Version of Coral system software must be 14 or higher (14 is the latest possible version for Coral SL=Coral FlexiCom 200). You have perhaps version 10?[/b]
Yes, 10.21.05 actually.

2. Version of SLS card must be 3.XX or higher. (you have 1.18). You have to change the appropriate EEPROM in motherboard.
3. You must have iDSP card (it is caller id generator) in expansion cabinet, because Coral SL doesn't have this generator in motherboard. I see you don't have this exp cabinet at all.
We have the expansion cabinet on our system. The cards in the system are provided below:
So - you can upgrade your system to use this feature (caller ID on SLT phones), but it will be expensive. I would better upgrade to Coral FlexiCom R500, if this feature is critical for you. Caller id generators are built into R500 motherboard, you only have to authorize this feature without additional equipment.
Thank you so much for the information. At least I have something to go back to my management with to see how important this really is to them.

Regards,
Joe Avila

His expansions are full. He'll need an IPX500 or IPxOffice with an 800 expansion cabinet.

The IPxOffice documentation allows using Coral SL expansion cabinets with main IPxOffice cabinet.
But as engineer I don't like this configuration, though I cannot explain why. smile
I agree with Coral Tech - I would use IPx500 main cabinet and IPx800 expansion cabinet. In this configuration you can use 4TMR cards from your old system in slots 1-3 of IPx500, and all the large cards from Coral SL exp cabinets in IPx800 cabinet.
I hope your local dealer can suggest different options and together with you choose the best alternative.

If you wish to avoid system replacement:
Add a CNS to the base unit changing the DRM ro DRCM. allowing CONF (and digital trunk sync!)
Replace the CONF card with CID card.
Add NEW SLS card in slot 1/4.

But,
As CT and TTT said, You can always replace the base with office and connect the current expansion to it.

BR

_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
__|_\m/__(-_-)___\m/|_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ __ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
Actually he must have the CNF card already because they have CONF configured for 15 party conference and not C/3WAY.

To Riman:
It is rather witty idea of addind CID functionality without system replacement, but don't forget there is no physical slot 1/4 in CSLX. CSLX1 - slots 1,2,3, CSLX2 - slots 5,6,7.
And, as you have mentioned, it's interesting how does the system works with PRI in slave mode without CNSsl card?
Rather mysterious system, do you agree with me? 112 digital ports, 16 SLTs, 8 analogue trunks, and 2SKW in UNAUTHORIZED mode...
To Joe Avila: maybe the best choice would be to replace 16SLSsl with 8D8Ssl and buy 8 additional digital phones? smile

Unless he is using those 16 analog ports for analog devices for an IVR or something like that so they need CID for additional security? I suppose, he could lose the 2 4TMR's, get one 8T card in slot 3. Get an SL PRI23 card in slot 2 remove one of the large PRI23 cards and replace it with a iDSP card. Of course, you still have to update all the software etc....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, JBean3329), 164 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024