web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings to all, :toast:

The FLdiver ! ! !

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Im reading the install manual for the 6\16 and I see it programs thru a keyset. Apparently this is not a 6\16 or I was misinformed that this thing need proprietary software to program it. Hmmm. I sure would like to know before I go back out there if I need programming software, the following link is a picture of the system in question is this the Protoge 6\16?

https://www.pcliquidations.com/p5793-sprint-protege-ctx-ksu

The more I read the more I think I have the 6\16 with a 2X8 expansion card maybe. Thanks again for any input.

FLdiver

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Where did all the Protege guys go? Hello is there anybody in there? Hello?

The system in that picture is the CTX model - started as a 6x16, optional expansion board took it to 824. Later they came out with a 616 model that started as a 3x8, grew to 6x16....
The 'small' 616 programmed via the phone. The CTX needed the proprietary PC software. And they did have a different version of PC software with each version of KSU code. No backwards compatibility... Any markings on the KSU for the software version? You are looking for something like S3F30R32, S5F05R32...

There were also 3 different voice mail systems, with drastically different programming. Your user guide describes the "SVP" - about a 9"x9"x2" metal box?

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
would you have any programming manuals on the "SVP" I have a feeling Im going to have to default it as Im sure the owner has no passwords. I will be going in there Monday morning and will get whatever software version number I can find thanks for your input keep it coming! :toothy:

You need to take off the cover and look at the software eproms and find out what ver of software you have. There are 3 units that all look alike but the software will tell the tale.

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok fella's the phone system software is S5FO5 and the voice mail is a model number SVP-4 I have an administrators manual for the voice mail but no installer manual. Also the manual I have is for the Protege 6/16. Any help with the programming software and or installer manuals would be helpful. Thanks guys I do appreciate any and all input.

Mike
AKA
The Fldiver

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Also the phone system is there and working. I really just need to get into the voice mail and redo the main greeting and be able to get incoming CO calls to route to the voice mail after a 3-4 ring timeout. The voice mail while there and connected to EXT 222-223 and they do answer when called directly but as I mentioned before the incoming calls are not routed to the VM/Auto Attendent and the phones are not forwarded to VM. So If I can redo the greeting route incoming calls after timeout to the auto attendant and have busy or no answer calls go to a personal voice mail I will be set. Any help is as always greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
The FLDiver

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
I can help.

You are correct. You have a Sprint CTX and a 4-port Protege Voice.

The 4 VM ports are probably 222, 294, 223, and 295. The Protege Voice takes one digital port and splits the B-channels (D+2B) technology.

The CTX cabinet needs Sprint software as you are aware.

To communicate with the Protege Voice you need:
  • IBM-comtatible computer with an available serial port.
  • Communication software package capable if TVI terminal emulation.
  • A serial cable.

I know Windows XP works, but I have heard that XP Pro doesn't work. I have heard that a USB port works with the proper cable. I have heard that Windows Vista works, but I have not verified this personally.

Both the Protege Voice and Protege CTX run under DOS. You can either Boot to DOS or the Command Prompt works.

To communicate with the Portege Voice Procomm and Procomm Plus work, Hyperterminal does not work.

The terminal settings for Procomm are:

9600 baud, no parity, 8 data bits and 1 bit stop.

I can help with the manuals and software. I will send you a PM with contact information.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Dean I got your PM's and links to the programming software. I got the programming software to come up. My ProComm is working so now I can get this customer taken care of today!. Could'nt have done it with out you and after all is said and done hopefully I can get something out to Dean for his assistance I am working on that.

FLdiver

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Yoda), 138 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024