web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
This is my first post on this forum so please let me know if I need to do something different.
I have an Executone IDS phone system. When I log on through a PC using Procomm the first line says "Welcome to the System IDS(C) Executone Information Systems, Inc.. The Version shows: ECPU 6.0.8. As of last Friday several of the phones starting making noises, flashing lights, and displaying 88888888's. Some calls are being dropped, but others are able to stay connected and the other party does not hear any noise.

Any suggestions as to what this could be?
We have tried to swap out the station cards with new refurbished ones and the system seemed not to recognize the new card even though it was the exact same model number.

Jackie
Thanks for the help!
Have a Great Day!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The memory retention battery is failing on your system's processor card. These systems require that the battery be intact in order to function.

You are going to need to get a dealer over there soon to capture a database backup soon. They will then be able to transfer this to a replacement processor card to keep you going. Don't spend too much time shopping for the lowest price because time is of the essence.

One power outage of more than an hour will render your system to default levels. Don't take the risk.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
The problem may well be the battery but before you go there consider some other things. Was there a storm before the problems? Are the phones that are acting up on the same cards or in the same area? After a storm or a bad case of static, I have had to shut of the system, remove the CPU and the EVCM and then reinsert the cards before turning it back on. If the battery is bad, you will lose your programming data and your options. It's a risk. Do a backup. I have had phones show 88888's and recycle from being bad, having a bad line cord under a chair floor mat, a loose amphenol and having a metal mop handle leaning on the connecting blocks.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Online Content
Moderator-ESI - Executone
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EV607797:
These systems require that the battery be intact in order to function.
[/QUOTE

The Battery is there to hold the system programming and any options that may have been added. It Only comes into play when there is no power to the system. If the battery(s) are Good, they will hold that programming for well over 1 year.

Most likely what is going on in the OP system is a bad phone or 2, basic troubleshooting. pull the bridge clips, does the phone work at the MDF?, etc.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
We have an Executone IDS system 108.
We actually removed one station card from the phone system and everything else seemed to work ok for about 24 hours. Then we decided to test the new station cards again. Things got worse and we lost all of the extensions in the F screen. I re-entered them and then put the good card back in the phone system. Things seemed to be working again, so I had a tech onsite repunch the important extensions to the station card that was in and working. Since then we are having the problems on all the phones. I have tried clearing out the extension in the F screen of the ones I had switched. That did not seem to help. We have reset the system without pulling out the EVCM and the CPU cards; And things seem to work for a few minutes.

Jackie
Thanks for the help!
Have a Great Day!
OP Offline
Does anyone have a company to recommend in San Diego, CA or Vista, CA that knows how to work on the Executone IDS system 108?

Jackie
Thanks for the help!
Have a Great Day!
Jackie
If you have had the cards in and out I would look really close at the tail attached to the card, if it's screwed down too tight you have an issue too loose same issue. It was a little temperamental sometimes to get them seated top and bottom. I would highly recommend taking a download today. Plug in go to the D screen and select save name the file with a .pgm as the file extension. Where you have been re-booting the system trying to get it working properly can be hard on the battery

END Offline
Jackie
I would recommend the following:
- Log on to the phone system and go to the F screen.
- Install the second station card and do not plug in the Amphenol connector.
Does the system recognize the station card?
Can you program the extension in the F screen?
- If yes, disconnect all phones (unplug from the base of the phone) and reconnect the Amphenol connector to the station card.
Does the system still recognize the station card?
- If yes, plug in one phone and check the F screen for the correct programming.
Follow this procedure for each phone.

If the phones system runs with one station card installed and fails when the second card is installed, problem may be with the system power supply. (I’m assuming the second station card tested ok)

Good luck
Walt

Did you try any of the installers listed on the Sundance site?

OP Offline
"Jackie
I would recommend the following:
- Log on to the phone system and go to the F screen.
- Install the second station card and do not plug in the Amphenol connector.
Does the system recognize the station card?
Can you program the extension in the F screen?
- If yes, disconnect all phones (unplug from the base of the phone) and reconnect the Amphenol connector to the station card.
Does the system still recognize the station card?
- If yes, plug in one phone and check the F screen for the correct programming.
Follow this procedure for each phone.

If the phones system runs with one station card installed and fails when the second card is installed, problem may be with the system power supply. (I’m assuming the second station card tested ok)

Good luck
Walt "

If the system recognizes the station card, does that just mean it will show "Stn" next to the card number? The card is in right now, and it does read "Stn" next to it, but I have not lights on any of the extensions. Even the ones plugged in.

Jackie
Thanks for the help!
Have a Great Day!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024