EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Global Test Supply
Linked Banner to your Product or Website
eCommerce website for sale!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1
One of our exec staff wants to have his phone ring at his own Exec phone and also ring at the secretary's (one of the undefined key). The secretary needs to hear the ring and has the option to pick it up and answer it or just let it ring and it goes into the exec staff's own voice message box. I have setup one up about a year ago and I can't remember now how I got this done.
Where do I start? or someone got an easy to follow instruction sheet to share?

Advertising Sponsor Spot 2
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,631
RIP Admin-Founder
*****
Offline
RIP Admin-Founder
*****
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,631
What system are we talking about?

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 774
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 774
You want to set up a secondary Extension key on the secretary phone. This should be listed in the user guide.


Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
I have followed instructions to set this up and the key lights up but when I try to answer it by pushing the key, I get a busy signal. Can you tell me what I have done wrong. I programed it by pushing code 397 then hitting the key I want to program then the extension number and #. Thanks!
Quote
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DnRComm:
You want to set up a secondary Extension key on the secretary phone. This should be listed in the user guide.</font>

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 88
dw Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 88
e-mail your phone number and I'll call you Tuesday or wed. and help you through it if it is an axxess, too much to type on a Friday afternoon at 4 pm.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,500
RCA Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,500
As DnRcomm said it needs to be a secondary extension key. By dialing 397 and pressing the key to program followed by the extension number only has made it a DSS button. This type of button dosn't ring only flashes when ringing and solid lite when person is on phone. Pressing this button only calls the extension. The only way to program this as a secondary extension key is you need to have a PC that has the database programming software. If you have this software, any of us here will be glad to walk you through the programming steps.


Rhett
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
I see. There is a computer in the basement that controls our lines in the office. I wonder if anyone here would know how to program that in? Probably not, most people don't use the features available. I would like to though. Thanks for your help.
Quote
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RCA:
As DnRcomm said it needs to be a secondary extension key. By dialing 397 and pressing the key to program followed by the extension number only has made it a DSS button. This type of button dosn't ring only flashes when ringing and solid lite when person is on phone. Pressing this button only calls the extension. The only way to program this as a secondary extension key is you need to have a PC that has the database programming software. If you have this software, any of us here will be glad to walk you through the programming steps.</font>

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,500
RCA Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,500
The PC that you are looking at is probably your voicemail. The voicemail PC usually sits in a bracket thats mounted to the wall next to the phone system, and in most cases not set up to program the phone system or cant program the phones because its the OS/2 platform. If you want to verify the PC is your voicemail, look on the back where the cables plug into it and if it is a INTER-TEL voicemail there will be a white sticker with a part number and the word INTER-TEl.


Rhett
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9
I have Access 5.3 and am trying to program a secondary extension on a phone - how do you do it in programming? Also if you place this extension on more than one phone will all the phones ring when that extension is called?

Quote
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RCA:
The PC that you are looking at is probably your voicemail. The voicemail PC usually sits in a bracket thats mounted to the wall next to the phone system, and in most cases not set up to program the phone system or cant program the phones because its the OS/2 platform. If you want to verify the PC is your voicemail, look on the back where the cables plug into it and if it is a INTER-TEL voicemail there will be a white sticker with a part number and the word INTER-TEl.</font>

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,500
RCA Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,500
DFenech,
Assuming that you know how to connect to the system with the database programming software, under the SYSTEM folder go to DEVICES and FEATURES CODES and then to STATIONS. In the station you want to program for a secondary extension (the phone thats going to cover the primary phone)choose PROGRAMMABLE KEYS. Now I am going to assume again that your button mapping is basically default so PROGRAMMABLE KEY 1 should be FEATURE KEY 372 (this is your DND button). What we are looking for here is a button that says UNDEFINED KEY hopefully its button 2-6. Single left click on the word UNDEFINED KEY and scroll down and choose SECONDARY EXTENSION KEY, now either press enter or click somewhere else on this line to save. Just to the right of the word SECONDARY EXTENSION KEY do a single left click on that extension number and type the phones extension number you want this phone to cover and press enter. Go to the phone you just programmed and dial (without lifting handset) 396 and press some of the button to find out where its at. As far as multiple extensions with the same secondary ext key, I havnt tried it yet and the manual doesnt really say. If this does not work there is another way to programm this just a little more diffucult to explain. This feature from time to time may stop working and the fix is to programm it the other way.


Rhett
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Advertising Sponsor
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums94
Topics93,278
Posts634,061
Members49,492
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
Laura Figueroa, mark dagg
Newest Members
Dave McCann, Mitel Hotel, Jonathan Renaud, dentnshell, Adam Suth
49,492 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 6
MnDave 3
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Who's Online Now
18 members (Schreiber, Butch Cassidy, dexman, RATHER BE FISHING, metelcom, newtecky, pvj, JBean3329, Yoda, nortelvoip, hitechcomm, justbill, KRRath, mongo5150, Steve M, Ruben, Touch Tone Tommy, Professor Shadow), 315 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2021
Trusted Partners
landing page builder Antiransomware 300x250 Your Business Phone Service in the Cloud