web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
One of our exec staff wants to have his phone ring at his own Exec phone and also ring at the secretary's (one of the undefined key). The secretary needs to hear the ring and has the option to pick it up and answer it or just let it ring and it goes into the exec staff's own voice message box. I have setup one up about a year ago and I can't remember now how I got this done.
Where do I start? or someone got an easy to follow instruction sheet to share?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
What system are we talking about?

You want to set up a secondary Extension key on the secretary phone. This should be listed in the user guide.

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
I have followed instructions to set this up and the key lights up but when I try to answer it by pushing the key, I get a busy signal. Can you tell me what I have done wrong. I programed it by pushing code 397 then hitting the key I want to program then the extension number and #. Thanks!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DnRComm:
You want to set up a secondary Extension key on the secretary phone. This should be listed in the user guide.</font>

dw Offline
e-mail your phone number and I'll call you Tuesday or wed. and help you through it if it is an axxess, too much to type on a Friday afternoon at 4 pm.

RCA Offline
As DnRcomm said it needs to be a secondary extension key. By dialing 397 and pressing the key to program followed by the extension number only has made it a DSS button. This type of button dosn't ring only flashes when ringing and solid lite when person is on phone. Pressing this button only calls the extension. The only way to program this as a secondary extension key is you need to have a PC that has the database programming software. If you have this software, any of us here will be glad to walk you through the programming steps.

Rhett
I see. There is a computer in the basement that controls our lines in the office. I wonder if anyone here would know how to program that in? Probably not, most people don't use the features available. I would like to though. Thanks for your help.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RCA:
As DnRcomm said it needs to be a secondary extension key. By dialing 397 and pressing the key to program followed by the extension number only has made it a DSS button. This type of button dosn't ring only flashes when ringing and solid lite when person is on phone. Pressing this button only calls the extension. The only way to program this as a secondary extension key is you need to have a PC that has the database programming software. If you have this software, any of us here will be glad to walk you through the programming steps.</font>

RCA Offline
The PC that you are looking at is probably your voicemail. The voicemail PC usually sits in a bracket thats mounted to the wall next to the phone system, and in most cases not set up to program the phone system or cant program the phones because its the OS/2 platform. If you want to verify the PC is your voicemail, look on the back where the cables plug into it and if it is a INTER-TEL voicemail there will be a white sticker with a part number and the word INTER-TEl.

Rhett
I have Access 5.3 and am trying to program a secondary extension on a phone - how do you do it in programming? Also if you place this extension on more than one phone will all the phones ring when that extension is called?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RCA:
The PC that you are looking at is probably your voicemail. The voicemail PC usually sits in a bracket thats mounted to the wall next to the phone system, and in most cases not set up to program the phone system or cant program the phones because its the OS/2 platform. If you want to verify the PC is your voicemail, look on the back where the cables plug into it and if it is a INTER-TEL voicemail there will be a white sticker with a part number and the word INTER-TEl.</font>

RCA Offline
DFenech,
Assuming that you know how to connect to the system with the database programming software, under the SYSTEM folder go to DEVICES and FEATURES CODES and then to STATIONS. In the station you want to program for a secondary extension (the phone thats going to cover the primary phone)choose PROGRAMMABLE KEYS. Now I am going to assume again that your button mapping is basically default so PROGRAMMABLE KEY 1 should be FEATURE KEY 372 (this is your DND button). What we are looking for here is a button that says UNDEFINED KEY hopefully its button 2-6. Single left click on the word UNDEFINED KEY and scroll down and choose SECONDARY EXTENSION KEY, now either press enter or click somewhere else on this line to save. Just to the right of the word SECONDARY EXTENSION KEY do a single left click on that extension number and type the phones extension number you want this phone to cover and press enter. Go to the phone you just programmed and dial (without lifting handset) 396 and press some of the button to find out where its at. As far as multiple extensions with the same secondary ext key, I havnt tried it yet and the manual doesnt really say. If this does not work there is another way to programm this just a little more diffucult to explain. This feature from time to time may stop working and the fix is to programm it the other way.

Rhett
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024