web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Our local Intertel dealer charges $260/hr to work on our system, can anyone help?

We have been having problems with our system lately. Phones/lines stop working inadvertantly, the whole system went out for a day then back on. Whole voicemail system isn't working along with ProMoh music on hold. I think we may need new cards and reprogramming.

I have experience with Panasonic systems, and figure I can do the work myself, just need a bit of help.

Do I need software for programming or can I access with a cable and terminal emulator on a PC?

Any good advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Brian Macho
Service Technician

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
If your having problems with the phone system, music on hold, and voicemail systems at the same time it might be related to AC power that its all plugged into. If not you could try a system reset. Best way is to press the RED reset button on the CPU card.

No you dont need software to program, just 25pin to 9pin cable (from cpu card to pc) and use hyper term. at 4800 or less baud.

Rhett
OP Offline
Excellent power... problems getting worse over time. Have tried Resets

The Premier system is known for having bad power supplys just like all of the older intertel systems........You really might consider upgrading. If you have had it over 5 years........you got your $$$$ worth as the average usuage of a system is 5 years.....time to get away from 3 pair dinosaurs and get into the 1 pair digital age.......I feel your pain.but you will be happy in the long run...

Mitch Taylor
[email protected]

RCA Offline
What I would do is download an error log from the system and go from there. Your going to need the 25 pin male to 9 pin female cable to get started.

Rhett
OP Offline
OK...

Corporate office is buying new sys later in year, but need this working till then.

Had cable,and ProComm....worked instantly.....but I need the password to get into programming. Also does anyone know where I can download the programming/tech manual for this system?

Thanks for your help!

Brian

OP Offline
Hey.... I just noticed I had a bad email address in my profile..... good one is [email protected]

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Just hit the enter key at prompt. When you get in copy the help info. There are a few minor programming/navigation quirks!

OP Offline
No, I got into the system menu just fine, just when I try to go into system programing, it asks me for a password. Does anyone know it?

RCA Offline
Well if hitting "enter" doesnt work then your guess is as good as mine. Ask the last vendor that worked on your system.

Rhett

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,736 Shoretel
189,799 CTX100 install
187,938 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 89 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024