web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
While researching "calls refused" in several of the Reporter reports, I found that the call segment in question was directed to an agent who was in an unavailable state (i.e. dnd, busy or wrap up).

I an trying to determine all possible causes for this. Has anyone any suggestions?

Some issues that came to mind was a possible timing conflict such that the system does not detect the agent's status when the call is first presented. Is that possible?

Also, some calls were routed to agents who were busy despite an available agent who according to the call distribution logic was idle the longest and should have received the next call. I can't figure out what's happening there.

All of our agents are on auto-answer and we have several overflow options for deeper skill groups. There seems to be no set time frame as to how long a call will sit waiting for an agent before it either overflows or diverts. Are there different timers in play here?

Any help would be appreciated!

Dingo

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

mrb Offline
I am not sure I can answer all of your questions. There are hunt group timers that control how calls react within a queue. The first is the No Answer Advance which tells the system ring an available agent for X seconds, then move on to the next available one. This is the classic Refused call. Do you have the Flag enabled to accept multiple ACD calls? What report are you looking at to identify these refused calls? Do your agents use Reverse transfer to grab calls from others or that are in queue?

OP Offline
Thanks mrb,

I'll take a look into the No Answer Advance. It may have different settings for each queue as there appears to be no constant value after which the calls are diverted/overflowed/transferred. Though, I'm curious how that timer works when agents are on Auto-Answer. Perhaps, since some of the calls in question went to a non-available agent, that timer would be activated? I'll see what Session Manager has.

I'll have to check the flag on multiple ACD calls. It should be 'no', but considering that we have ~80 hunt groups, some may have not been set properly.

The Transferred Calls by Agent will show refused calls. I then use Call List and Detailed Agent/Extension reports to see all calls and determine the agent's status at the time the call 'hit'.

I'm not certain at all what "Reverse Transfer" is. (I'll see if it's in the help.) We have queue monitors who will steal calls from the queue and forward to agents who are idle. Agents will transfer calls to another Ext or to the same hunt group if they are unable to complete the call for a variety of reasons or if the user selected the wrong option at the announcement message greeting.

Gracias,

Is anyone else having this problem? It has been driving me crazy for months! It just constantly fings to unavailible agents. BTW, using ACD with Longest-Idle Routing. Thanks!

What do you mean 'Unavailable'? Are you sure the phone is ringing w/ a call or could it be a camp-on ring? What s/w ver is the PBX?

Dec-16-2004 now that's an old post to dig up plshlpme . I am not saying this is your issue . But most "call refused reports from an ACD report" are caused by Agent 1 takes a call , he/she needs to transfer the call to another QUE/HUNT GROUP . Instead of dialing the QUE/HUNT group pilot number that he knows Mary works in . So he transfers to Mary . For what ever reason Mary cannot take the call . The transfer recall no answer timer expires . Agent 1 in the mean time has become unavailable to take the expired recall timer call. So the call goes logged as either refused or abandoned . When the real problem was the way the agent was handling the call he/she was processing .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
plshlpme
An observation I have made over the years is that no ACD reporting software has the way to compensate for the level of human error we all possess . Some great some small . The ACD reports will never total out to be equal to the criteria you are searching for .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Thank you both for your responses. Can you maybe define Camp-on Ring? The help in the system is very unclear. Call Center Suites shows sometimes up to 4 calls ringing to the same user in the hunt group, even when the person is on the phone, then as a result these calls wait longer to be answered. PBX ver is 9.002. OBTW -if the transfer timer expires and the recall destination is busy, Where does the call go?

Camp-on ring is a short ring that corresponds w/ the screen of the fone showing the user how many calls are waiting. If you have 'Hunt Group Camp-On Audio Indications' flag on in Station Flags, and your stations are getting camp-on ring, then your groups are acting normal. If the Recall destination in a group is busy and cannot except a camped-on call, the call should stay in the group. Calls should not ring agents that are busy, in DND, in Wrap Up mode or logged out if there are other agents that were available when the call was sent to the group. I would upgrade your system to the latest ver. of 9.0.

plshlpme: did you ever get this resolved?

I am having this same issue even though on each individual endpoint, and I have set the "Camp-On Indications" flag to no and the "Hunt Group Camp-On Audio Indications" also to no. What gives?

This is not such a big deal for my digital endpoints as they can adjust the volume of the ring down low enough for it to not be bothersome, but for my IP NetPhone endpoints, the camp-on audio indication rings into the headset that the agents are talking/listening on--effectiviely disabling them from hearing the person on the other end until the line stops ringing. It is VERY disruptive. Any suggestions on what I can do to fully get rid of this camp-on indication audio? I'd love to get rid of it on any and all endpoints in the entire company if I could...

Thanks,
Ben

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,289 Shoretel
188,173 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nadisale), 72 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024