web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
I will probably be asking a few questions the next few days until I can find some place to take some training so any help would be appreciated. I just inherited an office with the Unified CM Administration version 6.1 and there are a few issues that I would like to clean up.

Currently we have it so calling the main number has a custom greeting "You have reached us. Press 1 for this, 2 for that, etc" however one of the submenu choices does not appear to go anywhere. If the caller presses 3 for Product-X then chooses 1 for support they get the following message:

"Sorry, Example Administrator is not available. Record you message at the tone....."

I have only found old instructions for version 4.2 that says I should look under Devices -> CTI Routing Point but the next steps for the 4.2 instructions mention options that are no longer there.

What I see is the device names for what appears to be for each branch of the first level of the Auto Attendant tree (Product-X-CH, Product-Y-CH, etc) and when I click on each of the devices I see an extension number for each listed for each. When I dial each of those extensions I appear to go to that point in the menu tree, however I can't see where to configure the next level down.

I have a feeling that someone left and their phone was deactivated so I would like to route the 2nd level menu option to a new line. I just can't figure it out.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you get an answer for this.
I see not here but is this resolved?

CCNA
CCNA Voice
MCSE W2K3
Security +
CS1000 5.5
Toshiba
Comdial
Avaya
Mitel
Norstar
Either they had the automated attendant built in IPCC (Cisco's ACD product, sold separately) or it could have been built in Cisco Unity (Cisco's voicemail product) Bottom line, you can't build the routing required for a front load attendant in just Call Manager.

"Waiting for my implantable virtual-reality/full tactile suite video satphone, because it will be the next best thing to being there."

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024