web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hey all,
I have a customer that doesnt want the calls to be answered by an AA during the day, which I thought was easy just add the extension they want to ring in co ringing. But after about 8 rings the operators VM answers???? I have looked everywhere but cannot figure out how to disable this. I would call tech support but I am getting tired of getting Toni and hearing snide remarks. Also the customer wants to use their spare buttons on the phones as speed dials for outside numbers, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set that up?? I created speed dial bin 000 and put a number in it, then added 000 on the button but all I get is a busy signal when I press the button? If I choose a line and then hit speed+000 it works?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Disable the auto forward to voice mail for the attendant station in station attributes.

Auto Forward to VMIB -- when this value is set, a call is
answered by the voice mail, when the FWD to VMIB
timer expires.
PGM 113 + FLEX 14 + 1
(On) + [HOLD/SAVE]
VALUES --
0 = Off
1 = On
(PGM 181 - F20)

For your speed dial make sure you remove any inactive line appearances from the phones and if you are using a Pool key or dial 9 access make sure you remove any inactive lines from group 1. (PGM 141) The system when you use a speed dial button, is accessing an inactive co.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
I guess this all gets back to documentation and how what passes for it on the SBX needs to be upgraded. Personally I find myself calling tech support for things that should be really easy, except I cannot find them in the "book". I actually hope I get Toni, she is the most knowledgable person there on the SBX, having been on the system since Vertical first decided to bring it in. After talking to the tech support guys, I think that they get frustrated answering questions that should be easily answered in the manual but, even they admit that the documentation needs to be improved. When you are in the field and you need to get something working, if calling tech support is the way to go, I do it. I rarely had to do it with XTS/STS but we are in a different world now.

phoneguy1
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I depend on the find feature in Adobe Reader. The index and bookmarks were both good in the XTS manual but neither is very helpful most of the time in the SBX documentation.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Derrick,
I setup a hunt group as a ring group and put the extension in it, and just didnt set an overflow and it works perfectly. Then 100 can still get vm from inside the office if she wants.
Thanks for the code on turning off the VM for others though, it is now in my cheat sheet. I installed this one on monday, and tomorrow(thursday) I have my next install which will be my third one since we became dealers and slowly but surely I am getting the hang of the system. Putting in Partner ACS's for the last 10 years has kinda gotten my head stuck in that mode and now I am trying to get this one down as well. I know it will happen eventually but it wont happen on my first 3.

You know I talked to Tech. support myself today, and felt like I was bothering them because I was putting in my first MBX! Sorry.I'm so stupid.

JCT.... Did you program the Day ring to go directly to an ext??
Why not try to ring a hunt group with just one member (100), then you can edit the timer for what it does after X rings/sec... I have had customers try to say we just want it to ring the front desk and never hit VM... but they are industry based not customer service based... eventually the phone needs to stop ringing.. if not answered by a person then why not VM, would they rather them hang up?? and call the next guy in the phone book?

The Tech of Southwest Michigan
Stevensville, MI

How do I get the blue smoke back into the system??

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (KRRath, Curlycord, BPopilek), 64 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024