web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I stumbled upon this BB trying to get more info, this is a GREAT PLACE for knowledge!

I manage a small Axxess system and know a bit, but I have a few holes in my library of knowledge on what may be simple issues. I am trying to setup a test system so I can train others on the Axxess, nothing major just the basic stuff.

I bought a spare system with the NT 4-port voicemail, but I am not sure if it is complete. I have UM so I have a dongle, the new VM is a v5.118, does it need a dongle for the VM computer?

Also a question on the software. I am pretty sure all my cards are "flashable", that is as far as I go with the info. If a person was to upgrade the firmware is it as simple as just flashing the cards and putting in the new PAL chips??? And are PAL's backwards compatible? Like would a v6 work for a v5 install or do they have to be exact?

I appreciate any help that can be given!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Divilish:
I stumbled upon this BB trying to get more info, this is a GREAT PLACE for knowledge!

I manage a small Axxess system and know a bit, but I have a few holes in my library of knowledge on what may be simple issues. I am trying to setup a test system so I can train others on the Axxess, nothing major just the basic stuff.

I bought a spare system with the NT 4-port voicemail, but I am not sure if it is complete. I have UM so I have a dongle, the new VM is a v5.118, does it need a dongle for the VM computer?

Also a question on the software. I am pretty sure all my cards are "flashable", that is as far as I go with the info. If a person was to upgrade the firmware is it as simple as just flashing the cards and putting in the new PAL chips??? And are PAL's backwards compatible? Like would a v6 work for a v5 install or do they have to be exact?

I appreciate any help that can be given!
</font>

First, Welcome to the board, and I will attempt to answer all your questions here. First, yes the voice mail will need a dongle for UM and a netwrok then to send messages to. PALs are not normally backwards compatably, tho I THINK between 6 and 5 they are, but mrb will chime in to make sure I am correct. Again between 5 and 6 yea, more or less it is pretty easy, above 7, and again I THINK you get into more problems. Inter-Tel keeps trying to make it harder and harder for us to work on these.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications

DnR Communications
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DnRComm:
First, Welcome to the board, and I will attempt to answer all your questions here. First, yes the voice mail will need a dongle for UM and a netwrok then to send messages to. PALs are not normally backwards compatably, tho I THINK between 6 and 5 they are, but mrb will chime in to make sure I am correct. Again between 5 and 6 yea, more or less it is pretty easy, above 7, and again I THINK you get into more problems. Inter-Tel keeps trying to make it harder and harder for us to work on these.

</font>

WOW! Thanks for the quick reply....I already figured out the upgrade is killed, way too much trouble for an unqualified person like myself.

But on the NT VM, I just have the basic stuff, no UM(that is my real system), does a basic NT VM have a dongle also? Or is the dongle only for UM?

Now if I can just find a cordless phone that works inside by office....

No dongle for regular VM.

------------------
DnR Communications

DnR Communications
mrb Offline
Your PAL will not translate to 6.x. A 5.1 PAL will work on 5.2 software. BUT 5.3, 6 & 7 all required unique PAL's. VM works w/o the dongle. And I always defer to DnR when he puts in his $0.02.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mrb:
Your PAL will not translate to 6.x. A 5.1 PAL will work on 5.2 software. BUT 5.3, 6 & 7 all required unique PAL's. VM works w/o the dongle. And I always defer to DnR when he puts in his $0.02.</font>

I sure am glad you are here to correct me.
Thanks again sir.

------------------
DnR Communications

DnR Communications

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024