Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#53030 07/01/05 07:38 AM
CaseyG Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey everyone.

I was thrown into an admin postition for our IP system and I need to figure a few things out.

- The unit that host out IP system is in a remote office.
- My 8662 phone is currently an admin
- I have the Administrator's manual
- I have access to the network the system resides on
- I can telnet into the system through the internet.
- I believe I have all passwords

How can I gain access to the database to change a hunt group? I am the new support person at this company, and I need my extension to exchange with the old support tech's extension in all the hunts. I am unable to "swap" the extension. I get a "conflicting extension" message when I try to swap extensions from my phone, or another admin phone. I have changed his ext (202) to a dummy ext(270), then moved my ext (255) to 202. The hunt groups seemed to be updated when I made this move, as calls still routed to him. I believe I need access to a console to update the DB that defines the Hunt groups. Am I wrong, and can anyone assist?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#53031 07/01/05 07:57 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Welcome to the forum.
The first thing you can do is complete your profile. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

#53032 07/01/05 08:59 AM
CaseyG Offline OP
OP Offline
ok, my profile is complete. Is there perhaps a web interface or some other type of remote access capabilities for the Database that comes standard with the system?

#53033 07/01/05 03:33 PM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
If some one wanted to get a hold of you and give you some information, how would that happen?...fill out your email address, certain procedures aren't posted for obvious reasons, and you seem to have a hand full of questions. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

#53034 07/01/05 05:20 PM
Database programming is a secured item, and may or may not be on your desktop computer, or most likely on the desktop computer at the main location. The admin of the phone system at that location should be able to update that info for you. Rather simple if you have the programming software, not possible if you do not.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
#53035 07/05/05 01:58 AM
CaseyG Offline OP
OP Offline
DnR I understand why the DB programming is s secured item.

I am the Admin now, the only admin has left the company and is uncooperative to all attempts to contact him. It is in my plate now, to get the hunt group adjusted. I have sent an email to Test-ok in hopes that he can help. I have access to everything on the network, passwords for the system, and an admin phone. I just need to figure out how to remote admin the DB.

#53036 07/05/05 05:16 AM
What version of Axxess is this system running?

In my experence, the local Inter-Tel vendor will give you a copy of database programming software for your version (expecialy if you are under a service contract or total lease) I would suggest calling your local Inter-Tel office (or the office local to the remote location) and ask. You will need the programming software on your PC, and then will connect to the IP of the CPU you want to configure (or remote modem via telephone) I have used the "DB Studio" for version 9 of Axxess, and it is straight forward for most changes to the system.

Michael

#53037 07/05/05 05:30 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Sorry test-ok don't have a clue as to that programming. The problem with you not listing any information as to who you might be...you could very easily be uncooperative ex employee. I got your email and can verify you do have an email address for your company.
Use an expendable email account...gmail or something [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

#53038 07/05/05 06:08 AM
CaseyG Offline OP
OP Offline
That's just it barrick, I don't really know anything for sure. I have a packet of info here that shows the way the system was originally configured.... it looks like it's 8.2 (does that sound right?)

#53039 07/05/05 06:50 AM
sure 8.2 sounds like it should be ok. I would venture a guess that it is under lease or service contract for the hardware. check www.inter-tel.com for the closest location and give them a call. Let them know you need DB Programming software for 8.2 and they will probably give it to you for free (again assuming your under some kind of service agreement) once you have that software, some one will be able to help you more.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,645 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024