web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I need help with installing a T1/PRI card.

They system I have is an Axxess/Eclipse version 6. I have 3 nodes with four cabinets in each node networked with T1 card in the first cabinet of each node. These T1 cards were actually configured as E1s.

I plan to install the T1/PRI for an ISDN circuit in the 2nd node card slot 23 as this is the only slot available. Will this work or will I experience problems with the card in the third cabinet?

Also, will the T1s that are configured as E1s for the private network cause any problems with the PRI as far as the clocking of the PRI from the CO and the clocking of the private network E1s?

Finally, under the reference clock list I have the 2 E1 cards listed as master to private network. Where in the list should I place the PRI as slave to public network or does it matter?

Thanks for you help

Tony

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
"They system I have is an Axxess/Eclipse version 6. I have 3 nodes with four cabinets in each node networked with T1 card in the first cabinet of each node. These T1 cards were actually configured as E1s."
All at the same site or different locations? Just curious.

"I plan to install the T1/PRI for an ISDN circuit in the 2nd node card slot 23 as this is the only slot available. Will this work or will I experience problems with the card in the third cabinet?"
That all depends on the other cards you have in that cabinet and on that node. What you need to look at are your time slots.

"Also, will the T1s that are configured as E1s for the private network cause any problems with the PRI as far as the clocking of the PRI from the CO and the clocking of the private network E1s?"
Nope.

"Finally, under the reference clock list I have the 2 E1 cards listed as master to private network. Where in the list should I place the PRI as slave to public network or does it matter?"
What is this new T1 for? Another node, incoming outgoing lines, it all depends.

Rhett
OP Offline
The new lines are to support new lines via ISDN. The main reason is that some organizations require caller id and the base switch (DMS100) is not set up to pass caller id ( it is a funding issue) Therefore, several analog numbers will be moved from their copper path to the ISDN ckt.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,055 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024