web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#534116 08/28/12 08:21 PM
OP Offline
I recently downgraded my phone service from 8 to just 4 lines coming in from the telco.

Unsurprisingly, when dialing out, the PBX regularly selects a dead trunk line.

I know which external phone lines have been disconnected, and how they correspond to my trunks.

I feel like this job is too small to call in my normal phone tech.
Is it a simple job to disable a trunk via the console? If so, how is it done?

I appreciate the help.

Last edited by Kimbokasteniv; 08/28/12 08:22 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If you know the trunk equipment numbers for the trunks that were removed, then sure, you can temporarily put them out of service from the attendant console. This won't permanently remove them from service, but it will get you over the hump until you can get a technician out to permanently remove them. Maybe you can have them do something else that needs to be done during the service visit to justify the minimal cost.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Good advice from Ed. I just pulled my SX50 manuals out of storage (about 10 years) because I'm thinking of servicing one after all these years. You need to get an Attendant Console Guide if you don't have one---and you need for a tech to come and show you how to quickly do some operations. Busying out trunks is a "normal" attendant console operation---but as Ed said, you're going to have to have a tech come out and PERMANENTLY remove them. Good Luck.

OP Offline
Thanks guys. I was able to find a page online with common attendant functions. (*41 was the function code--in case anyone lands on this page later) Yeah, I usually try to bundle a number of problems together each time I call him out. But I had him out here a month ago. Next time though, I'll be sure he fixes this problem.

Good Deal!!

Happy to help, Kimbokasteniv. Thanks for letting us know how you made out. This is a classic example of how we like to see requests arrive and how they are resolved. Please feel free to come back whenever you need a hand.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gary S., Toner), 138 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024