web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I tried finding reviews of 4 line analog phones to see which product is most reliable. Customer had variety of AT&T models, wants to get away from them, mainly cuz keep changing models. Panasonic seems to be a crap shoot. Cortelco has high failure rate. Any recommendations for reliable sets? Lots of features not desired. Thanks for your time.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Price him a XBlue x16. I think they'd be happier with that.

All I've ever mess with were the AT&T

Retired phone dude
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
A small Partner ACS system would be a nice fit.

I Love FEATURE 00
RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Like Bill said I would look at the X16...cost effective and features for your user !!!

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Admin
Admin
How many phones do they need?

TransTel Lynx would be my recommendation unless several phones are needed then I would use a Lynx II or G1E

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Do you really want to keep going the Non-KSU route? If so, you don't really have too many choices. But I don't think any of the commercial installers here have much to say about any of them.

When I've seen over 5 of the four line phones installed, reports of cross talk start creeping in.

The small systems that have been mentioned really won't break the bank and will give you a much richer service.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I agree with either the X-16 or the Lynx. The X16 is very easy to program by the end user. The Lynx I haven't had the pleasure yet, but found the Transtel very flexible.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
All those multi-line KSU less phones are consumer items with all the problems that go with them as you discovered. A small key system actually works out cheaper in the long run.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Originally Posted by hbiss
All those multi-line KSU less phones are consumer items with all the problems that go with them as you discovered. A small key system actually works out cheaper in the long run.

-Hal

Absolutely. Years ago I had a customer that wanted 2,3 & 4 line KSU-less phones (behind a CO switch that didn't offer digital sets). They thought they would save a boatload of money. Within a year all that were left were the two line units. The rest had been replaced by electronic sets on KSUs.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Admin
Admin
About 4 years ago, we had an attorney that was all set to put in those "4-line" phones. In fact, he went to Staples and bought them, but the particular set didn't have voice mail, and he didn't have any wiring in the building :-)

We converted it into a Panasonic system sale with voice mail and he's had no problems with it at all. I think they were about $150 (that could be either 130 or 170) average per set. Not only did he get his phones and network installed, he also got call accounting to reconcile his time in the price. Sure, it was more money, but he got a lot more features.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024