Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#543523 01/16/13 06:34 PM
Wellco Offline OP
RIP Moderator-General
OP Offline
RIP Moderator-General
OK..This one is driving me nuts..6x w/ 8 SIP trunks..Having a problem with distorted audio on incoming calls..appears to be packet delay and jitter, Have done packet capture and pretty much proved it to be within the customer network as the packet capture sounds clean from the LAN port. The 6x is in lan host mode and worked great for 8+ months..all of a sudden this pops up..No changes to the network..no new devices etc; Have checked the Crisco switch set for 100m on the port and it's all users not just one or two..
Can anyone think of something else to check in this network that may be causing this problem..I'm at a loss at this point....Thoughts???

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Perhaps a shot in the dark, but have you tried switching codecs or codec priority? Maybe the provider changed something on their end.

Possible to try a simple ATA to test the lines?

Maybe a device on the network using more bandwidth now than it was 8 months ago?

Wellco Offline OP
RIP Moderator-General
OP Offline
RIP Moderator-General
Tried that Bernie...locked all users down to G 711 and had the provider set priority on SIP trunks to 711 also..no change. No new devices on the network ( at least that the will admit to) Think I'm going to go over on Monday and throw the "wireshark" on a station and see what I can capture...use the ole hub to bug mode and see what the phone is seeing..might help I don't know at this point.

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

Let's us know what the problem and solution was when you get it. Best of luck!

Wellco Offline OP
RIP Moderator-General
OP Offline
RIP Moderator-General
Well, thought I would update this post...As I stated earlier I locked down all the phones to G 711 and asked the provider to do the same and make that the priority instead of 729..they said they did (2) weeks ago..I called yesterday and asked for another VOIP test to run for a couple of day's to try to isolate problems...another tech said are you running 711..I said sure and so are you..Nope !!! We have 729 & 711..they changed another account of mine...GRRRRRRRR He switched this account to 711 and they have been running clean since...Never...No Never trust them...I guess check and double check is the rule...2 weeks of pulling out hair that I don't have to find this out........

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

Dealing with service providers is never fun. Especially doing it for the customers since they usually request for us to do it for them. Although saves time in most cases. Unfortunately, not this instance.

Thanks for the update!

Wellco Offline OP
RIP Moderator-General
OP Offline
RIP Moderator-General
Yep...hate getting stuck in the middle but that's where we get put most of the time...What's a fella to do !!!

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,416 Shoretel
189,175 CTX100 install
187,429 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024