web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
takxvm Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi
We are looking into updating our old phone system to either Cisco 2921 with the 6901/6961/7962G telephones or
Avaya IP500 with 9508/0608/9641G telephones. We have approximately 170 users with 2 reception desks. We are a non-profit so money is an issue. Looking for the best bang for the buck that can last about 10 years.
Thank you

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Have you checked out Allworx? Talk about bang for the buck...

allworx.com

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Read the post, The install finally begins, in this section. You will then go with AVAYA
Find a good AVAYA Business Partner and your in good shape

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Make sure you get a good handle on the on ongoing costs ...... Cisco is very expensive to own and maintain.

takxvm Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your input. I know about the Cisco costs. I was a little surprised at reading that post about the nightmares the IT Manager had installing Cisco. Usually, Cisco works very well. We have a Toshiba in another facility and was also looking at that. Eventually, I want to have one system for all of our facilities (we have 7 with all different phone systems). One more question if I can--What is the main difference between VOIP and digital phones? I know you can move the VOIP phone to any location and it will keep the same number but is there a difference in voice clarity and features?
Thanks again

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I recomend the Avaya IP Office, but to each his own.

The Avaya IP Office is a "True" hybrid meaning it will do anything from analog to IP at the trunk side and the station side.

But the "big" thing is to contact "local" venders in your area and get quotes for a system that will supply your needs by a company that will be there to support you in the future.

Good Luck.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Like "Mike" said a vendor the is a BP is going to be your best bet...especially if your looking to tie all your offices together down the road..you want someone who can coordinate service for your whole network...and "service" is the key !!!!
The difference between systems is minimal depending on the type of lines you go with standard trunking vs SIP..and features can vary, both will do about anything you want. But like Mike said it's about "service, service, service...these day's !!!"

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Are all the phones in one location? If so, then the Cisco system may work for you.

I ran into issues wiht the Cisco when I was bringing in the remote locations, for a single site install, personally I would stick with a digital system and leave the VOIP for multi location type installs. Of course it would help if the Cisco system you are sold is actually supposed to work with remote locations.....but that's just me being jaded.

As for call quality, it will depend on your network setup, if your network is not setup to deal with voice traffic, the quality will suffer.

If you have the wiring for a digital system already run you are way ahead in the cost factor. For the VOIP you will need to basically rewire the network, depending on your current setup.

I would also recommend you look into the Allworx, it was a great looking system. We went with the Cisco since the vendor gave us a big price break on the monthly PRI costs. That was our deciding factor.

And whatever you do, make sure you get good reference contacts on installs the company you are looking at has done. Make sure the installs match your type of installation. I talked to a few agencies that used the same company for the install, but their installs were simple single location installs that went without a hitch.

Again check the company you are looking at using, I cannot stress this enough!

Last edited by Keep; 02/08/13 10:32 PM.
I sent you a PM and an Email.
I would like the opportunity to discuss this project and try to get an understanding of your current and future needs. Once we can determine that, then choosing the right solution will be easy for you.
We are a local company on Long Island and have been serving the Tri-State area over 30 years.

Best Regards,
Walter Valentine
Valentine Systems
631-862-1339

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024