web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Hello,

i am using NEC ASPIRE SYSTEM, for some extensions i am getting Extension does not exists. when i search on google i came to know that its a BAD STATION (The PMS system has sent a message for an extension that does not exist or is not functioning.).

Please suggest what i have to do this for.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you have an Aspire system with a DSS console? If the DSS is set to Hotel/Motel mode, you would get this message for any extensions that are not physically connected to the system.

If you are using this in a hotel, you can cancel the messages. If this is in a business setting, you need to change the operating mode of the DSS console to Business mode.

OP Offline
thanks for the reply i am using this in business. can you please suggest how can i change the operating mode of the DSS console to Business mode.

It is program # 30-01 in Aspire programming. That is where you set the operation mode of the DSS console.

OP Offline
Hi Toolie, i have checked in 30-01 all the 32 DSS Console's are in Business Mode only. then also i am getting as Extension doesnt exists. Please help me.

Need a few more details then. What is happening when you get the message that the extension does not exist? Is this on an intercom call - or something through the voice mail system?

Do you know what extension numbers are getting the "does not exist" message?

OP Offline
Hi Toolie,

Thanks for the prompt response.

When we dial the Intercom call its getting connected.
When some one calls from outside its giving as extension does not exists. and returning to the Welcome message.

OP Offline
the extensions numbers are 584 and 575

I think you will need to look at the "dial action table" in your voicemail program. Make sure the table is set up to allow calling to extensions that start with the number 5, and that it is set to three digit extension numbers.

If you are using Aspire Intramail for example - the program is #47-13. Depending on which dial action table your welcome message mailbox uses - you would set the 5 digit (which in Intramail is undefined by default) to UTRF, and the data to XXX, indicating a 3 digit extension.

Whatever is happening, the issue is almost certainly with the voice mail setup, and not the Aspire itself.

Good Luck!

OP Offline
Can you please guide me how can i make changes to dial action table" in your voicemail program. i am having access to System Admin mailbox.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord), 77 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024