web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#546185 02/19/13 12:40 PM
OP Offline
I have an ECS with a 4VML (with the flash upgrade). Recently, calls coming in from the customer's 888 number (forwarded from a third party [Ring Central, if it matters]to thier main number) are not processed correctly in the VML. Calls directly to their main number process fine. If I call the 888 number, I get varying responses from the AA menu. (ringing a wrong extensions, sending me to the directory, sending me to an invalid MB, etc). If I call their local main number, everything processes just fine.

I have tinkered with the VM settings in Class 4, and also the config settings in the VML. Same results no matter what I do. This system had been working fine for years. Of course, Ring Central says they didn't change anything. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
ETA: The customer has a PRI circuit... so I can't throw a digit grabber on to see what is actually coming across with the 888 calls.

Try temporarily disabling the inband trunk packets to the VML
in 4.71.14 (none) and make a test call to see if the inband caller id was affecting it.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Is the local number a POTS line? If so, program the incoming PRI info to mirror the POTS line. Use the access code for the POTS trunk as the inbound destination in your DNIS table.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
JBean3329 #546256 02/20/13 01:51 AM
OP Offline
@Jbean: Their main number is just a DID on the PRI. No POTS lines.

I tried disabling the inband packets...same result. In fact, I tried all the different combos (ANI/CID etc). Same result... calls to their local number work fine... calls forwarded from the 888 number are not processing correctly.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Is the toll free hitting the switch with the same DNIS numbers as the main number?

What is the local number the 888 is supposed to pic to?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
JBean3329 #546326 02/20/13 06:31 PM
OP Offline
Yes, the 888 number is forwarded to the main DID number. I get the correct AA menu from the 888 number. No matter if I call in on the 888 or the local DID, I see the same info in the DTMF packet column on the VML 'recent calls' tab (inband/trunk/CID). But the AA sure doesn't act the same. Another thing I am going to try tonight, is forwarding a call from another provider to their local DID number... and see if I get something different. If I can forward a call from somewhere else and it works okay, can I be pretty confident that it is a Ring Central issue? This thing has me stumped, because it worked correctly for so many years. Thanks for working with me on this!

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I'm guessing you're getting extra digits from the 888 number. On a T1, you can actually count incoming digits by watching the RCV card LEDs, but it's not so easy with the PRI.

I'm with you- the provider has changed or 'upgraded' something.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024