Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#547236 03/07/13 10:12 AM
Phil R Offline OP
OP Offline
We have an FX-II series cab with the Corporate Office Voicemail blade (HDD) running Datalight ROM-DOS ver 6.22SU.

Recently, we began hearing reports of voice mails that suddenly go silent in the middle of listening to a message. Even more disturbing is we've heard reports where the customer goes back into voice mail to review the message that dropped out and its suddenly gone. There have also been occasions where the customer goes back into the mailbox and any unheard messages are suddenly gone.

This has been reported on at least a few extensions they happen to be outside calls and also happen to be extensions tied to routing boxes.

Our setup is something like Phone Number->Routing Box and in the routing box we have a setup where it "copies" the message to a local extension immediately (after zero minutes).

So far, I've tried manually running diskm.bat but our system is supposedly programmed to "exit to DOS" at 2AM each day.

Any suggestions or other things to try?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
"Exit to DOS" doesn't imply that disk maintenance runs daily. Check the diskm.bat file. It probably only actually does anything on Wednesday. I usually changed it to run daily.

The description of "Phone Number->Routing Box" didn't make sense to me. Routing boxes don't take or auto-forward messages.

How long has this COB been installed and working?

Justin

Phil R Offline OP
OP Offline
The volume label on the C: drive says 2004 or 2005, I can't remember and can't take the system down to check it now but that sounds about right. Our inbound lines are tied to routing boxes which have a separate mailbox that handles the messages. Those messages are then "copied" to the local extension so the secretaries don't have to check two separate mailboxes.

I believe you are correct on the diskm.bat file, it is only set to do cool stuff on Wednesday.

Last edited by Phil R; 03/07/13 10:37 AM.
Admin
Admin
Common problem with COBs of that age...your drive is starting to go South. I'd get another 20GB hard drive and try to score a good image of the original drive.

[Linked Image]
Phil R Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by RATHER BE FISHING
Common problem with COBs of that age...your drive is starting to go South. I'd get another 20GB hard drive and try to score a good image of the original drive.

Possible to run the system off a CF card? Our blade appears to have that as an option. Why 20GB drive? Our current one is about 1.2GB -- we use maybe 200MB of that.

The good news is its reliable 95% of the time but its that 5% that keeps me up at night wondering if I'll come into a dead system. It already throws BICOM errors about once per quarter and we have to manually bounce it eek

I am thinking 1GB CF card and we are back in business...thoughts?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,268 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 72 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024