web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Does anyone know a command to run using perhaps the extension or LEN as the FD which will go and tell me if an IP phone is logged in?

People are always asking me if they have enough IP client licenses, and I can never tell exactly, as even ones logged in once, leave their MAC address behind.

I'm talking sites with 150+ IP phones, so it's not so easy just to say, log them all out, and see which ones never need to be logged in....

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I was hoping somebody knows the answer to this one as I also have the same problem.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Yes, there is a way, it has proven to be very helpful. Am I willing to share.....sorry, thats why you get the big bucks. Last time I answered I got my head bitten off for not reading the question correctly. Good luck with this.

OP Offline
Another pathetic "I know but am not willing to share post". Not really worth commenting on a thread if you're just going to tell everyone you know the answer but won't tell anyone. If we all did that, there would be no forum.

Big bucks? I'm sure you're doing very well for yourself. Well done.

Last edited by solidpro; 03/22/13 02:48 PM.

- Now you can go out and "get the big bucks."
OP Offline
The command is EC1> then the station number.

The response is a string which looks like XXXXXXXX: XX XX XX

The sets of XXs are labelled 1, 2, 3 and 4.

If 2 returns 00 it's an analogue, 10 is a digital and 20 is a DTERM IP.

3 Is a status of that device. In the context of my question, 00 is not connected and 01 is connected.

Now we can all go out and earn 'big bucks'.

Last edited by solidpro; 03/22/13 03:31 PM.

Learn to read, I said that is why YOU get the big bucks. Now you learned how to look up your own answer, that was not so hard. It is easily found if you just look in a command manual instead of wanting someone to do it for you. Next time don't be so lazy. There are a lot of other forums out there for you to use & get answers if you are not happy here. I suggest you try them.

OP Offline
Thanks Dr PBX.

phadob29 - hope my update to this thread was useful. I could have kept it to myself but thought it would be useful to you as well.

However, we should contribute elsewhere, Dr PBX says.

Last edited by solidpro; 03/22/13 05:30 PM.

Thank you for the information provided. For those who think we should check the manual first and do our homework and THEN post questions, rather than have others do the hard work for us, I agree. However, in my case, I did a search in the Command Manual, and found the following for EC1 command:
------
EC1 - Line status display operation
a) XXXXXXX b) XX c) XX d) XX
(1) Station Number x-xxxxxxxx (1-8 digits)
(2) Analog line/Digital Line
00: LC (Single Line telephone)
10: DLC (Dterm)
--------
Well, this doesn't tell me anywhere in the manual that this command indicates whether the station is connected or not. They even mix up a) b) c) d) with (1) and (2). The only thing I would learn from the manual based on the above is that it tells me whether it's an analog line or digital. And even that takes almost a rocket-sicentist to figure out.
I think, that is where the value of forums like this come in. Somebody along their line of working with NEC figured out what the manual says and also have the missing data gathered up from somewhere, and now he shares it with us. This was very useful for me, thank you. I'll continue to visit this forum.

You need R12 or higher for E400 to work.

OP Offline
I got my information from the R14 maintenance manual. This is where I would go first for all troubleshooting and not the command manual.

This perhaps give more information than you see in your command manual. Also if you're referring to an old command manual maybe it doesn't refer to IP DTERMs. The command I found did what we wanted as far as I am concerned.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,576 Shoretel
189,449 CTX100 install
187,612 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 136 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024