web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
lynxdbe Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello, I have a NEC NEAX 2000 IPS in a hotel and I have several analog phones in rooms that have a message light that I can not seem to get off of them...
I have deleted the lens for each room, and added back, I have checked for voicemails and etc, I have made sure that the rooms are not in any kind of hotel status, and it seems like all the codes I try are restricted...

I have tried everything on this link:
https://www.pbxinfo.com/index.php/topic,141418.0.html

and have tried everything on this link:
https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=902322

To no avail. Please if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

My company thought it would be fine to let our contract run out with NEC so I have no tech support frown

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You are probably seeing an old pre-voicemail feature called "Message Reminder."

There will be a code somewhere called "message reminder code" and you can dial this code from the phone (possibly 633) to delete the reminder. Once you have done that, delete the message reminder code from the system, to stop people accidentally setting message reminder.

You say that you've already checked for voicemail messages. I assume from that that you've already left a message and then deleted that message. I assume that you've also already checked the voicemail itself for a locked-up notification port.

If anything I've said did not make sense to you, or if you don't know what how to do it, I recommend that you call out a service tech, whether on a service contract or not. The one hour of service, plus showing you the codes to clear lamps, will be well worth the money.

lynxdbe Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, have done both.
and no you haven't confused me at all...
I believe I have tried this Message Reminder ,was it a old feature that the older IPK's had...and its been discontinued also. But I will check this again...As far service no chance of that happening...LOL...

Thanks for the tips.

CM1303 is you telling the IPS that the station/extension is capable of having a MWI (either lamp or dial tone).

There is a service restriction to enable/disable the setting and unsetting of message waiting:

CM15047>SRC:1 (allow) (setting side)
CM15048>SRC:1 (allow) (set side)

Then once you have allowed it, to perform the MWI on or off you have to check or set up the command in the dial plan:

CM200>A590:A10 is to make *10 to turn on the MWI (a is * in number plan).
CM200>A591:B10 is to make #10 to turn off the MWI (b is #)

There are a few others I havent tried but might be worth trying:

CM200>B689 is the command for "Voice Message Waiting All Clear"
CM200>B691 is command for "VMW system delete"
CM200>B699 is command for "VMW system/indiv reset".

So long as you know enough about CAT or MOC to have a clue what I am on about, you'd be able to work it out and I suspect achieve success with one of the above.

Last edited by solidpro; 03/25/13 05:02 PM.

- Now you can go out and "get the big bucks."
lynxdbe Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the tips, Know Moc well enough...

I usually assign a code like A0 to A146.

Then the user dials *0 then a 3 to delete.

D

I posted this on another forum under a different username but just in case it hasn't been seen there,

If you have a console they can probably be cleared from there!

This won't mean a lot to you if you haven't got a console but....

WITHOUT selecting a loop dial the extension number.
The bottom row of the display will then show titles for the keys immediately below.
One of these will be M/W and the light on that key will be on.
Now for the twist, depending on the model of console you have, the right most key on that row should have reset displayed above it. If not it will (or should) be programmed on another key and you will need to find it!
Press the reset key
Press Ans
Press Rls

And that should turn the light off!

lynxdbe Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello fellas, I want to first say thanks for this help. It's greatly appreciated. Here is what I have tried and got from your notes...Thanks a million.

Solid - 1303 all rooms are set to a 0.
15047 & 48 are set to 0 also to not all MW to be set.
201=A590 and A591 I set to *123, *124 and I get restricted or a fast busy when I dial *1 anything. If there is something here I have wrong or am missing please fill me in.

R4Z - I am dealing with a Deskcon phone, and don't see a reset button on phone or programmed as a key. and when I dial a room I don't get a MW option, just a Prog and Mode option...Any other ideas, or something I am missing...

Telephoneguy 633 is restricted on phones...Any help I'd appreciate it.

try 08>233,234,235

Lee
Ok

Deskcon is NEC's name for an Attendant's (or operator's) Console. Which one have you got SN-XXX? The only one that needs a reset key programming is the SN-716

You have to dial the number of the room without selecting a loop key first so with the console in the idle state (if in doubt press the rls key and the cancel key) simply dial the extension number in using only the numerical keys, you should see the bottom line of the display change. If the rightmost key has reset above it, you should be able to follow the sequence I outlined above.

If you have a 716 console, you can add a reset key using Cmd 9000 but the numbering of the keys is a little strange. The one under the fourth key on the row of larger keys just under the display is key 19 and the one just to the left of that is key 92 and these two don't have a default setting so Cmd 9000 de e000,19 (E000 is the first possible console) de (if you get none you can set it to be a reset key) F6104 exe

Last edited by R4+Z; 04/18/13 06:34 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 93 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024