web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lcox Offline OP
OP Offline
Help.. we just added two new numbers to our phone system (NEC Dterm 80) and can't figure out how to add the lines to the phone so we can pick the lines up... Please help!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Lcox Offline OP
OP Offline
We have the Electra Elite IPK II system.. please anyone have any ideas..

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
POTS or DID?

Lcox Offline OP
OP Offline
Where can I look for the info?

Originally Posted by Lcox
Where can I look for the info?
Well, what did you order from the Telco?

I assume that you mean that you want a certain phone to be able to answer more calls at one time, from more numbers, than it already does.

Okay, let me explain here: Adding "Lines" to a phone can just be a matter of programming, IF those lines already ring somewhere. They ring on THAT phone, you want them to ring on THIS phone?

If they don't exist -- New lines that have never gone to your company before -- then there's more to it. Did you order new numbers from the Telco? Do you have CO Ports available in your phone system cabinet?

Since it's an IPK, I don't think that you need to worry about licenses...

If you want a new number from the phone company, then someone has to order the lines, and when they're delivered, connect them physically to the phone system. There has to be a CO Port available for each new line. Then there's some programming, to make it ring in the right places.

You lowest cost, in money, frustration, and time, is to call out an NEC dealer and have them solve the problem for you.

So Dr.PBX is asking what you ordered and what you want. If his question doesn't make sense to you, call an NEC dealer.

Lcox Offline OP
OP Offline
telephoneguy..
We have already order the line and the phone company has installed them. Our NEC dealer- can't figure out how to program the phones.

The phone rings when someone is calling from the new numbers but we can't pick the lines up since the phones haven't been programmed for the new lines..

I kinda know my way around the phone world.. But I can't figure this one out..

Just need to know how to program the phone for those two new lines.. Please help!

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Our NEC dealer- can't figure out how to program the phones.

then time for a new "dealer " if he cant do a basic task like add a line . you might want to check the installer section at the top of the page here or post under installer needed

it would also help if you filled in you profile so we knew who and where you are

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Lcox Offline OP
OP Offline
it says there isn't one near us..

Admin
Admin
I Googled NEC dealers near Santa Rosa Ca. and get plenty of hits. smile

[Linked Image]
Lcox Offline OP
OP Offline
The only one that comes up is the one we are using!! and how do I say this nicely... WE aren't using them again.. everyone else that comes up aren't near us..
was hoping someone could just give me what feature code I need to enter. Like I said the lines are in and the phone rings when someone calls in on them.. but we can't answer the line..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 189 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024