Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#552765 06/03/13 03:22 PM
Rjccs Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi guys, Thanks for your help with my previous posts!
I have one more question for you all. I have been updating a vodavi Starplus phone system. So far I have updated the "Dial by name" feature via hyper terminal and rerecorded a standard day greeting through the phone itself. Everything seemed to be working the right way until this morning. That is when I found out that if an incomming caller is on CO1 and a second caller dials into the office the second caller gets directed straight to a voicemail box instead of hearing the auto-attendant message. How can I change it so that the second caller will get directed to the auto-attendant message instead of the voicemail box?

Also, I can still call out from both CO1 and CO2 at the same time from the office, it is only when two calls come in at the same time that one gets the auto attendant and one goes straight to voicemail. Thanks for the help and let me know if you need more information about my problem.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Did you assign ringing only to the attendant station and set the station (usually 100) to fwd busy to VM? When the attendant is forwarded, no VMID is sent.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Are you sure that you don't have telco-based voice mail/auto attendant on the lines? It isn't possible for another call to reach the system is both lines are engaged, hence my question.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Rjccs Offline OP
OP Offline
Dave,

I did have the fwd busy to VM set on Station 100 (flex button 4). I changed it back to #### but when I tried to call in it sent the second caller straight to voicemail again.

Just to experiment, I called out from my office phone (station 102) and then used my cell phone to call into the attendant (station 100) and my cell got sent straight to the office voicemail.

Thanks for the advice! Today I'm going to go back through the changes that I made to see if I can figure out what I did. If you think of anything else that it could be just let me know.

Thanks!

Rjccs Offline OP
OP Offline
Ed,

I am not sure that I don't have Telco-based voicemail/auto attendant on the lines. I will try and figure that out and get back to you. Also, I may have misunderstood your post but right now it seems like only one line is engaged by the auto attendant and then when the second line comes in there is no ringing and it bypasses the auto attendant to go straight to voicemail. Hopefully that makes more sense than my previous explanation. Thanks for the help!

Does line 2 only go direct to voice mail when line 1 is in-use?
Test it when station 100 is idle and some other phone is using line 1. Does it ring into the phones now?

I am still thinking that it is due to station 100 being the only one that rings for a new call. Attendant phones don't send their VMID when unanswered or busy forwarded to VM. Also, what are your CO Preset parameters?

Lastly, which specific Starplus system is it and do you know the sofware version it is running?

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Rjccs Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, so I called out on my phone (station 102) on line 1 and then used my cell phone to call into the system and it sent my cell phone straight to voicemail.

I have a starplus STS system and it has software version: 20052
It also said the prompts were version: 10000
(I looked this up via hyper terminal)

CO parameters:
Internal no answer fwd: V440
Internal Busy Fwd: ####
Day Ext No Answer Fwd: V440
Day Ext Busy Fwd: ####
Day No Answer Timer: 10
Night Ext no answer Fwd: ####

Preset forward Day Dest: V440

Lastly,do you think that if I set it up where a second phone rang (in addition to station 100) on incoming CO lines that it would fix the problem or did I misunderstand you?

Thanks again for your help!

Ok. Part of the problem is that you are sending co lines to 440. You should be preset forwarding them to 450 if you want to get the auto attendant's main greeting. 440 is used to forward internal extensions to personal voice mailbox's. If 450 was never set up, you can set it up in flash 30. Just put in your voice mail ports (150-157)into this group.

Secondly, if you dial in on line 2 directly, what happens? Maybe you don't know what the line number is for line 2 and that's why you are testing with line one in use and dialing the main number. Call your cell phone from line 2 to get the actual number that line 2 uses if you don't know what it is, then call line 2 directly and see what happens. I think Ed was thinking if line 1 were busy, then the telephone company may be sending the second call to the telephone company's voice mail instead of your on-site unit. If so, they don't have line hunting (roll-over) set up properly.

What you show above: "co paramaters" actually looks like "station paramaters". Stations SHOULD forward to 440, not co lines , unless you want the co line to ring directly to a personal mailbox.

Last edited by adteldon; 06/04/13 03:14 PM.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Rjccs Offline OP
OP Offline
I dialed directly into line 2 from my cell phone with line 1 busy and it rang 3 times at the operator station (100) and then proceeded to the auto-attendant perfectly.

Ok, this is the procedure I have followed to program the CO lines:

I went into CO programming under Flash 40, and flex button 13 and this is what is assigned to ring right now: V440N; R4407S (not sure what that means); and S100D.

Now I pressed flex button 20, to program the CO lines to go to the auto-attendant if they are not answered by the operator. Then flex button 5 (preset forward day Dest), now my manual says to put in 440, is this where you think I need to use 450?

Lastly, when it sends the second caller to voicemail, I think it is going to my on-site voice mail because it lists a recording of our company name.

Thanks for you help so far!

Last edited by Rjccs; 06/05/13 08:57 AM.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
R4407S is a mistake...it thinks you have a remote extension number 4407 so take it out by dialing 4407 and 0. Delete the 440 and put extension 100 back...yes put the 450 in place of 440 button 20. Just a note...make sure you have no telco voice mail competing with your Vodavi mail...if you do and the preset is set long engouh..the telco will answer first.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,852
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,559 CTX100 install
187,833 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024