Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#55340 08/15/06 09:30 AM
OP Offline
I have a fax number that keeps on calling into one of my people's extensions. I have an Intertel access system running 8.232.
Is there a way to block one number that keeps on dialing in on one of my PRI circuits?

Thanks
Jeff

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You'd have to set up a call routing table and have that inbound number disconnect on ring in. It's in DB Studio under Axxess, Trunk Related Information, Call Routing Tables. The F1 Key will give you some good help info. :thumb:

I have forwarded the call to a fax machine then contacted the company sending the fax to change the number in those situations.

OP Offline
The number that fax machines are calling is a DID that points into a hunt group. I can't forward it to a fax because many calls come into it.
Set up a test DID to point to a different call routing table. With the + patteren at the bottom of my list I can get all the calls to be routed to the ring-in destination but when I add a patteren on the top of my list the pattern doesn't route to the right ring in destination.
Is there something that I'm missing?

You are correct in that the table processes from top to bottom. I'm not sitting in front of a terminal right now, but an example would be that the calls ring into a CRT. Then starting at the top we would have priority people. That is a full 10 digit number that we want routed to a specific destinantion. Then we have calls that we want dumped. For instance 800, 866, 888, etc. that are characteristic of telemarketers. Those calls get sent to a call routing announcement that plays a SIT tone, and disconnects them. Then everyone else gets sent to the main menu announcement.

Assuming that the main menu is 2500, and 2503 is the kiss off box the table would look something like this:

972-444-3456 Name Type P0001
E...................................2503
800XXXXXXX...................2503
888XXXXXXX...................2503
877XXXXXXX...................2503
ZXXXXXXXXX...................2503
NXXXXXXXXX...................2500

[Ignore the dots. I had to put them in to get it to display properly]

The E is a block that dumps anything without an inbound CID.

The X's are wildcards.

The Z is a zero or 1 block that catches anything whose CID starts with a zero or one.

Then the last entry catches anything else and sends it to the main menu.

I didn't mean forward all calls, when someone in the hunt group answers the phone and hears the fax tones, instruct them to forward that call to a fax machine, then followup with the sender if possible. Simpler is better for me!

Originally posted by waterboy:
I didn't mean forward all calls
Exactly. Unless I have totally misunderstood your delimma that is what I was saying. I was showing you the wildcards just for reference, but for example, if 972-444-3456 had been a fax machine that I wanted to dump, then I'd have assigned it to 2503 instead of my Extension List. 2503 is just a CRA that answers and disconnects them, or plays an SIT tone and then disconnects them. I was just saying that we use those 800 wildcards for a lot of people to do the same thing to telemarketers that you're trying to do to the fax machine.

I have a very similar problem regarding prank phone calls. We have over 100 DID numbers in our system and would like to block a couple of specfic numbers regardless of which DID they called. Is there a way I can program Axxess 9.1 so that Anytime those specific numbers hit any of our DIDs they will be sent to the disconnect app I set up?

Dan L Armstrong
WinWholesale
Same answer Dan. You just have to have the calls ring into a Call Routing Table. Once in the table, if the numbers are recognized they will be handed to the disconnect announcement. All other calls will be sent to the application that currently handles them.

I tried to follow the instructions outlined here, as well as in message 000681, but with no luck. We have an Axxess 8.1 system. I am trying to route a specific incoming number on a specific extension to a different extension. For example, calls from 215-555-1212 on DID extension 4001 I want routed to voicemail (5). In my call routing table (1) I have the following:
Pattern: 4001
Ring-In Type: Call Routing Table
Ring-In Destination: 3

In Call Routing Table 3, I have the following 2 entries:
Pattern: 2155551212
Ring-In Type: Single
Ring-In Destination: 5

Pattern: +
Ring-In Type: Single
Ring-In Destination: 4031

I am testing this using my cell phone number (using it as the pattern) and calling my DID directly which I have programmed to use Route Table 3 and ring voicemail. These calls are still ringing into the extension and CID displays the number as 215-555-1212. I would expect them to go straight to voicemail. Am I wrong? TIA - Your forum is excellent!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, nortelvoip, dexman), 153 guests, and 355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024