web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#554536 07/08/13 02:21 PM
OP Offline
I recently picked up a used iDCS 100 off ebay to use in troubleshooting one of my locations. Maybe I can get some help on both problems.
1. The existing box, if you power cycle it and have the Ethernet connection plugged into the MCP1, it hangs on boot. I have replaced the processor and the power supply.

2. On the switch I just bought to use for board swaps, the person I purchased it from did not default it and the tech passcode is not the default. I have pulled the MCP 1 card, switched the switch off and left it that way for 30 minutes. When I put the card back in it still had it's programming. I have heard mention of a back door to override this. Any suggestions? I ave a digital phone hooked to it.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

No passwords on the open forum. That being said if you are defaulting it anyway and your switch to clear mem is bad just unsolder and remove the super cap. That will bypass any problems with your clear mem switch. If the password does not default then your mcp is bad. You can test with the super cap out and if it works you most likely have a bad clear mem switch. If you try to ohm the switch out remember there is power from the cap so ohm out the switch with the cap removed.

OP Offline
It doesn't appear to have helped. What is the chance that a backup was made to the flash and that it keeps restoring?

I really need to to figure this out, Samsung needs a bunch of letters from prior owners and dealers to get you the override password.

The mcp1 uses volatile memory for the working database and nonvolatile(hard written on the ic) for the default database stored on u400. If the unit will not clear the memory with the super cap pulled you have a problem with that board. You might restore the default files using the sio restore but that is not a procedure for the novice and requires the right software and building an adapter etc...

OP Offline
I have done firmware updates in the past just never over sio. Do you know if there are written instructions on this, even a product bulletin on the GSBN web site?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The issue you have is that the system is auto restoring the db backup upon bootup when you are clearing the memory.

If you can get in via SIO you might be able to delete the backup file (never tried) and then boot your system up with the memory switch off and it will be default (ie require you to select the country, etc)

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,160 Shoretel
188,991 CTX100 install
187,378 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 113 guests, and 359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024