web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#554675 07/11/13 06:39 PM
OP Offline
Hi there, have an SV8100 question.
I have a customer that we just installed 3 NEC Door phones for. We have 2 PGD adapters on site.

The customer has a regular digital MLT in the lobby. They want the receptionist to be able to dial an access code to activate a relay to unlock the door.

Reading through the hardware and features+specs manual, I can access a General Purpose Relay off of the CP00 or the PGD using a 51 key in 15-07. But the manuals are confusing, as it says General Purpose Relay will not allow the door-unlock feature of the PGD to work.

I'm sure people have done this before -- any tips? Worst case I'll install a door phone up in the LAN Room and just have the reception dial an access code to call the door phone and press recall to activate the relay.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Everything you need to know is on the NTAC site. Pretty sure to use the designed function you need the door box unit. BUT, I see where you can activate a general relay also with a code on the PDG as well. Looks like just like the old Nitsuko where we used to press the "flash" key to activate the relay on the door box now it's teh "recall" key.

https://answers.necam.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6269/kw/door%20strike

Last edited by Coral Tech; 07/11/13 08:10 PM.
The relay on the CP00 is not used, (future use)if ever.

I take the lobby does not have a door phone, but the door has a electronic release, if this release is wired to one of the PGD units you can try to set a line key button on the lobby phone to dial the master number of a door phone, then anyone assign to this group will be able to release the door. Since I have no door phone here at the office I'm not able to test.

We get old too soon, smart too late
you can program the general purpose relays from the PGD unit in PRG 10-05. these general purpose relays are programmable with function 51 in PRG 15-07-01. hope this helps.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024