Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
dawda Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a Vodavi Triad phone system, with a random mix of compatible phones. Two users swapped desks on has one of the starplus triad 24 button Executive Key Telephones, and the other has is a newer model Vodavi 30 Button Executive telephone.

Because they swapped the phones before the lines had been switched in the patch panel it reset the Flex buttons to default for the phone model. I was able to program the 30 btn phone with no problem but when I went to program the 24 btn phone it won't take the codes for the "all call page" or voicemail. Does the 24 button phone some how need different codes than the 30 btn phone did?

Troubleshooting steps?

thanks for your expertise

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Station Lock should have been on to prevent this defaulting condition. But the Flex codes are the same. Your problem is that the Line / Loop / Pool buttons are not flexible buttons at default. You will need a system administrator to change them to be user programmable buttons.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

dawda Offline OP
OP Offline
This is as system that I have inherited, so I am the Admin.

I logged into the system **[pin] "flash 51" for single station programing, keyed in flexible station number used page B button 11 to program the first several buttons as CO Lines (ie. [BB][1][LLL][HOLD] Where BB=Flexible button number and LLL=Co Line) I then tried to assign the page button (ie. [BB][4][XXX][HOLD] Where XXX=Flex Feature Code) I tried feture 700 for AllCall, and 760,761 for external since I wasn't 100% sure which external page group is in use on the system. then all gave me the error tone. Since that didn't work I then zeroed out the rest of the buttons to allow them to be user programmable (ie [BB][0][HOLD]).

On the handset I tried using the speed speed programing method to program the buttons but still nothing with the page codes.

I'll look into turning on the station Lock so they don't do this again.

is there a way to copy flexible button programing from one extension to another? I do have other phones of this model that I could copy from if that was an option.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Maybe that extension is not in a page group. There is no copy except using admin software and it isn't worth it for that. You can program a range of same kind of phones at once in flash 50, but you have to use the fixed port numbers not the extension numbers to do so.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/19/13 07:31 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember in the older software that 700 wasn't a page code. I believe it was a pickup code or something. I'm thinking 760 was the all call page with the early versions, but again, I could be wrong.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Thanks Don for that reminder. Yes. Some remote codes do not always work. Depending on the software, there are some codes that have to be programmed at the actual phone itself.

- Dave S. -

dawda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Guys for all the feedback, I'll be back at that location on Thursday so I'll play with it some more.

As mentioned in my second post I tried 700, 760, and 761.
- When I do try to use one of those codes programing the key in user mode (ie speed, speed, flex key, code) the phone does nothing like I haven't put in enough information, but then gives me an error code as soon as I press another key. From Admin (I normally go in through flash 51 since I'm only trying to program one phone)it gives me the error tone as soon as I hit the hold to save it. I will try again with the 30btn on the same extension to make sure double-check my memory that it works right on the 30btn phone on the same extension.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Are you trying to reprogram a line or loop key from the phone? That is not going to work unless you enable that option.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/23/13 10:07 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
You can also go to the phone itself to see what the button is currently programmed for right now:

1. Go off hook.
2. Press [Speed]
3. Press [7]
4. Press [#]
5. Press [2] for key button option.
6. Press flex button

- Dave S. -

Just for kicks, try 70 instead of 700.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,318
Posts638,934
Members49,776
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,162 Shoretel
190,365 CTX100 install
188,750 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dans 4
lyte 4
dexman 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rphoneguy, Carl Navarro), 131 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024