web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#558408 09/23/13 04:08 PM
Doberz Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I wasn't part of my present company until recently, so I didn't set up out other off location IP Phones. But others in the IT department that did helped me set up this new IP phone.

The phone is programmed, and works when hooked up to our office network that the 5000cp is part of. The user took the IP phone to her house and tried connecting it to her router. It is hooked up correctly, but does the spinning in circles looking for DHCP thing. One of the other employees in the IT department was sure she couldn't just connect to the router and said for her to try it through a switch. This gave the user the same result. I also allowed access in our Sonicwall (firewall) for the phone under the WAN to LAN settings. This didn't work so I also added her IP address to the firewall. Also didn't help.

Not sure what I'm missing here? If anyone has any pointers, of things we can try out that would be fantastic because we're stumped. smile

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check and see if her router at home has DHCP turned on.

Also, does her router at home have ports open for both UDP and TCP packets? Remember that TCP nails up the call and UDP carries the voice.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
This sounds familuar...working with the same problems with Allworx and pointing to the the "switch" side router. Some of them are just pure junk when it comes to voip/sip traffic i.e: being able to control sip alg etc;. I did find a handy reference of tested routers at www.easyofficephone.com/support/router-compatibility
Between the security settings in routers of port filters,blocking and cable modems..this is getting to be a bigger and bigger problem.

Good Luck

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Check to make sure that your phone is programmed NAT and not Native.

Andrea
Doberz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Andrea Ruane
Check to make sure that your phone is programmed NAT and not Native.

Where can I set this at? I did not see it in the program db menu?

I was just on the phone with her trying a few things, before I must have misunderstood her. The phone does the checking DHCP thing, then eventually gets past that (which I believe means the DHCP is ok?) and then the error she gets is "Local IP Card Add Invalid".

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024