Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
hello all,
I just bought a Merlin 410. I just have a few quick questions.
1. could someone kindly break down what the Merlin KSU can do without feature packages?
2. what is all the features of feature package II?
3. does feature package II actually do for features?
4. I have read about messaging services on feature pack II is this true? and how does the whole messaging thing work?
5. what kind cabling do I need?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Hey Ben..Merlin 410 is a pretty basic system. 4 lines/10 stations with the basic features, hold, transfer, intercom etc; Feature Pac II gets you a few more things on hook dial, privacy, last number redial....junk like that.
As far as wiring you will need (4) pair to all station locations.

Good Luck

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
I have read about messaging services on feature pack II is this true? and how does the whole messaging thing work?

No, it's not true. The original Merlin never had messaging capability. There was an after-market attempt to rig the Merlin to provide voice mail but it was cumbersome to use and didn't work very well.

If you Google "Merlin 410" you should find all the manuals and programming information you need.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I have downloaded all the manuals i need. I now know that the whole messaging thing wasn't like voice mail. I am wondering how to use the whole "message waiting" light. on the 34 deluxe model is the "send message" key already programmed in or do I need to program it myself? is it also available for non-deluxe models? I am just wondering because I intend to use the system for my roommates and I.

Just curious, are you aware that this system is about 30 years old?

Aaron
OP Offline
Originally Posted by 94astro
Just curious, are you aware that this system is about 30 years old?
yes i do.

Originally Posted by Ben Ludke
I have downloaded all the manuals i need. I now know that the whole messaging thing wasn't like voice mail. I am wondering how to use the whole "message waiting" light. on the 34 deluxe model is the "send message" key already programmed in or do I need to program it myself? is it also available for non-deluxe models? I am just wondering because I intend to use the system for my roommates and I.

You're going to have to read the manual just like I did because my recollection doesn't go back that far. I believe that if you have DSS buttons programmed on the 34 button set, pressing the send message then a DSS will light the message waiting light on the extension associated with the DSS button.

For whatever that's worth...

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I'm trying to figure out if the "send message" key is already programmed into the 34 terminals? And does the 34 terminal need to be the deluxe or can it be just a plain old 34 terminal? I see no mention on how to program a "send message" key in the admin, user, and install guide. So I am just assuming the Merlin feature package II automatically programs the 34th key as "send message" from the diagram shown in the admin guide. the only real question is about the the whole key thing otherwise i'm pretty much set.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I believe that the 22 button and larger sets have a dedicated messaging button. I also think that it's operation involves the use of DSS buttons.

A full list of features that FP1 and FP2 provides can also be found in John Shelton's "An Overview of Merlin Phone Systems".

Feature pack cartridges have a built in battery to maintain programming when the system is powered down. Chances are the battery in just about any FP will need to be replaced.

Bob mentioned that 4 pair cabling is used with the phones. 3 pair cables can also be used...but...you would lose the intercom feature.

I Love FEATURE 00
Merlin Classic Voice will work with the 410 if you can find one. https://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/T...ge%20Merlin%20206%20410%20820%20&%20.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,511 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 173 guests, and 335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024